When I was writing my salad cookbook, Fresh: Nourishing Salads for all Seasons, someone mentioned to me that they really loved apple and avocado together in a salad. The idea interested me, but I never tried it; That is, until last week. I love the combination!
Here I combine diced Pink Lady apples, avocado and cilantro in a green salad. It is a very refreshing combination. My Everyday Salad Dressing goes really well with this salad. (You can get the updated version of it here, as well as the recipe for another favorite salad, Leon Salad).
This simple salad is a delight, and I am sure to make is again (and again). Thanks to whoever you were that mentioned this combination! It’s delicious.
Apple, Avocado, and Cilantro Green Salad Serves 4-6
- 1 head of lettuce (romaine, green or redleaf, butterleaf), washed and cut or torn into bite sized pieces.
2 avocados, peeled and cubed
2 Pink Lady apples (or similar tart but sweet apple), cored and diced
¼ bunch of cilantro, stemmed
Everyday Salad Dressing
1. Combine salad ingredients in a large salad bowl and toss with dressing right before serving. Tip: Don’t cut apples or avocados too far in advance. If you do, toss with a bit of dressing to help slow down the oxidation rate.
Latest posts by KimiHarris (see all)
- Simple Mexican Coleslaw - April 8, 2021
- Cassava Egg Noodles - January 14, 2021
- How to Make Whipped Dalgona Coffee with Mushroom Coffee Option - April 10, 2020