This easy recipe takes just a couple of ingredients and can be thrown together in mere minutes, but produces flavorful shredded chicken that’s perfect for tacos, burritos and burrito bowls, and taco salads.
If you’ve followed this blog for a while, you may have noticed that we tend to love dark meats, such as chicken thighs. But chicken breast can be delicious too! This recipe is suitable for most gluten-free, grain-free, paleo/primal diets. I most often eat this on the THM (Trim Healthy Mama) plan as part of my E meal.
For those of us coming to THM from the traditional foods world, eating some meals that are higher in the slow carbs, but lower in fat is a real transition. However, look at how satisfying this meal is below!
What’s in this bowl: Brown rice, pinto beans, Mexican shredded chicken, cabbage slaw tossed with a teaspoon of oil and lime juice, fresh garlic and salt, salsa, and nonfat Greek yogurt.
If you are interested in why I decided to start combining what I had learned from other experts in the holistic world with THM, you can read my story here and learn about my coaching as well.
But regardless of your dietary lifestyle, this recipe is delicious!
Instant Pot Shredded Chicken
- 2-3 Chicken Breasts
- 1 and 1/4 cup salsa or Picante sauce
- 1 teaspoon each chili, cumin, garlic powder
- In a 6 quart Instant Pot add the salsa or sauce. An IP needs at least 1 cup of liquid, so if your salsa is dry, add chicken broth. Add the chicken and spices.
- Secure lid, set steam release valve to closed, and program for ten minutes on high on manual.
- Let rest for five minutes, and then release. Check to make sure chicken is cooked all the way through.
- Shred chicken, then pour the sauce over it. Enjoy!
Latest posts by KimiHarris (see all)
- Coconut Flour Pancakes - June 10, 2021
- Instant Pot Mexican Shredded Chicken - May 13, 2021
- Tender Instant Pot Carnitas (shredded pork for tacos) - April 15, 2021