One of my favorite flavor combinations is chocolate and peppermint. This easy, two-ingredient recipe explodes with flavor yet takes just a few minutes to throw together.
It makes a wonderful last-minute gift or a treat to eat while watching a Christmas movie.
(Save some candy canes so you can make it again later in the year, as this is delicious any time of year!)
Because you are only using a couple of ingredients, make sure you pick chocolate that you especially like, as well as flavorful candy canes.
We’ve made this with super dark chocolate for our family and with smooth milk chocolate for gifting. Enjoy Life is a great, allergen-friendly chocolate. Just use chocolate you like, and it will be good!
There are some delicious candy canes out there. We’ve made it using a more typical candy cane as well as the YumEarth brand (which uses organic ingredients and natural coloring from fruit).
If you use a dark chocolate, this treat is also lower in sugar, especially in comparison to most Christmas cookies and treats. If you have allergens, such as dairy or gluten, it should be easy to find chocolate and candy canes that meet your needs.
Do you love peppermint and chocolate together? Here are some other recipes:
- Chocolate Peppermint Fudge
- Hot Peppermint Carob (or use cocoa powder for hot cocoa!)
- DIY Mint Chocolate Lip Balm
- 11.5 ounces chocolate chips (dark, super dark, or milk)
- 5 regular sized candy canes
- Unwrap candy canes and put them between sheets of parchment paper. Using a mallet, crush the candy canes into small pieces. We like there to be some pieces about the size of a large pea, and some of it finer.
- Lay a new piece of parchment paper out on a jelly roll pan.
- Put the chocolate chips into a medium-sized dry microwaveable bowl. Melt using 15 to 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until the chocolate is just melted. *
- Using a spatula, scrape the melted chocolate into the center of the parchment paper on the pan, and smooth out to about ¼ inch thickness
- Sprinkle the crushed candy cane evenly over the melted chocolate. Let the chocolate harden (you can put it into the refrigerator or freezer for a faster approach). When hard, break into smaller pieces. Keeps well.
- * You can also melt the chocolate by putting it in a double boiler over low heat, and gently stirring it until just melted.
- This method is really so simple, you can use varying amounts of chocolate and candy canes.
Latest posts by KimiHarris (see all)
- 2 Ingredient Peppermint Bark - December 21, 2022
- Herbal Hibiscus Lemonade (Keto, THM) - March 16, 2022
- Creamy Curry Red Lentil Soup - December 8, 2021
Leave a Reply