Just in case you needed some extra cookie or candy recipes, here is a list of 20. May your Christmas be a sweet one!
1. These homemade candies are delicious! Sort of like Butterfingers, but more chewy.
2. Gingerbread Men are definitely a holiday cookie favorite. These delicious cookies are made with sprouted flour and sweetened with molasses and whole cane sugar (or sugar of choice).
3. Mock Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups: I created this recipe for my then 3-year-old daughter. They were an instant hit with both her and her friends.
4. Nature’s Candy Bar (pictured at top): I called these Nature’s Candy Bar because they feature dates, which are rich in natural sugar. A chocolate coating doesn’t hurt either.
5. Also made out of sprouted flour these shortbread cookies are perfect. Buttery, slightly sweet, and a bit crumbly. Everything I ask for in a shortbread cookie.
6. Cracker Toffee (pictured above): My daughter and I made this super easy recipe last year as part of our Christmas candy platter. They are rich, delicious and so easy.
7. Old-Fashioned Caramel Corn: I adapted my husband’s favorite caramel corn recipe from his younger years to only include unrefined sweeteners (no corn syrup here!) It is a certain favorite at parties.
8. Decadent Chocolate “Larabar” Truffles: (pictured above): These truffles were inspired by Larabars, but morphed into truffles; perfect as an afternoon pick-me-up.
9. Sweet almond cookies are completely dairy free as they use coconut oil. The base is actually just ground almonds (done in a food processor) so they are a grain and gluten free cookie! They are also delicious and are a popular cookie here on The Nourishing Gourmet.
10. These tasty Spiced Macaroons remind me of gingerbread and my husband of oatmeal cookies. They are perfect for this time of year! I think that they would make a great substitute for a gluten free, or grain free dieter who wants to have “oatmeal” cookies. Spiced with cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves, and sweetened with evaporated palm (coconut) sugar or rapadura, which has a molasses like flavor, these cookies are perfect for this time of year.
11. Gingersnaps (sweetened with coconut sugar or rapadura) with warming spices and laced with molasses, served with a nice glass of milk, just about puts me into a holiday cookie seventh heaven. These cookies are dark with the flavor of molasses and spice.
12. Flourless Nut Butter cookies are simply a snap to throw together and so yummy too! The base is nut butter, and then you add just one egg, a sweetener and some vanilla. Another great gluten and grain free cookie that everyone can enjoy.
13. All-Natural Fudge-Topped Cookies: Make my simple fudge and top a favorite cookie with it. Delicious!
14. This white “fudge” is made out of creamed coconut, orange zest, and mild honey. Nourishing and delicious.
15. Chocolate covered mint cookies equals pure joy.
16. Almond Orange Cookies: These are brightly flavored, grain-free, and simple to make!
17. Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies: These are also grain-free, but delicious!
18. Super easy, delicious truffles. Because chocolate is always good.
19. Scrumptious Candied Citrus Peels: These make a delicious alternative to chocolate or cookies. They have been a hit around here.
20. Cut these marshmallows (sweetened with honey!) with Christmas shapes and top homemade hot cocoa with it!