This dairy free smoothie is a creamy blend of pineapple, coconut, and banana. That’s right. Only 3 ingredients! It is so refreshing and delightful we’ve made it several times this last week. The other great thing about it is that it’s completely sweetened with fruit. My eight-year-old wants to make a batch to make some popsicles with it, which I think is a lovely idea.
I used canned pineapple in fruit juice as that was what was available to us, but fresh pineapple would obviously be delicious as well. Canned pineapple tends to be very sweet, so if for some reason your fresh pineapple wasn’t very sweet, you could add a little extra banana for more sweetness. Trader Jo’s also sells frozen pineapple that we have used to make wonderful smoothies.
For an extra creamy milkshake consistency, freeze the banana and use frozen pineapple! If it gets too thick, just add more liquid. Because I use coconut cream, I dilute it a bit with water to make the amount needed for this recipe. For an extra special touch, top with coconut milk whipped cream.
1 whole banana, peeled
¾ – 1 cup of coconut milk
1 cup of pineapple chunks (and juice, if using canned)
If not using any frozen ingredients, add a handful of ice
Blend together in a high powered blender. If it gets too thick, simply add a bit more liquid. Top with coconut whipped cream, if desired. Serves 2
- 1 whole banana, peeled
- ¾ - 1 cup of coconut milk
- 1 cup of pineapple chunks (and juice, if using canned)
- If not using any frozen ingredients, add a handful of ice
- Blend together in a high powered blender. If it gets too thick, simply add a bit more liquid. Top with coconut whipped cream, if desired.
Latest posts by KimiHarris (see all)
- Instant Pot Mexican Shredded Chicken - May 13, 2021
- Tender Instant Pot Carnitas (shredded pork for tacos) - April 15, 2021
- Simple Mexican Coleslaw - April 8, 2021