Caroline shares a delicious recipe for chocolate bread that makes a wonderful afternoon snack or a special treat to slip into a school lunch. -Kimi
Imagine sinking your teeth into this warm, soft Chocolate Bread! Can you believe it is GAPS, wheat, gluten, dairy, and cane-sugar free bread! You cannot even taste the “healthy-ness” of this heavenly chocolate slice. It sort of reminds me of chocolate cake, but one that you can eat any time of the day! Hip hip hurry for yummy chocolate bread!
The egg whites, baking soda, and apple cider vinegar work together to produce a fluffy and moist bread. Don’t let the batter sit around or else the bread batter will start to sink. This bread takes a bit of time to bake, though it is definitely worth the wait!
Slice this chocolate bread after it has cooled a bit, and generously spread homemade coconut butter on top. Mmmm, now this is going to hit the spot! Enjoy! 🙂
GAPS chocolate bread
1 ½ cups mashed bananas (about 3 bananas)
6 Tbsp vanilla honey or (6 Tbsp honey + 2 tsp vanilla extract)
3 ½ Tbsp butter or coconut oil (melted)
2 tsp apple cider vinegar
5 T cocoa powder
½ tsp sea salt
1 tsp baking soda
2 ½ cups almond flour
2 Tbsp coconut flour
3 egg whites
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Generously grease 1 big loaf pan and line with parchment paper (use this recipe as an example on how to line your pan).
- Use a separate bowl for mixing the dry, wet, and egg whites.
- Mix wet ingredients together.
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- Beat egg whites with hand beaters until stiff.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients together until combined.
- Fold egg whites into batter until all combined.
- Pour bread mix into your prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes until done.
- Take out of oven and let it cool in the pan for 15 minutes.
- Store leftovers in a container at room temp for 2 days or in the fridge for a week
- Spread homemade coconut butter on top and enjoy!
*You can slip the batter into 2 small loaf pans (50-60 minutes) or muffin tins (15-25 minutes).
Hi my name is Caroline! I’m an 18 year old gutsy girl and the proud founder and blogger of Gutsy. I am currently healing my sensitivities with the GAPS diet. I love to experiment in the kitchen, walk barefoot in the sand, and smile and laugh with my family :-). Come stop by my blog and check out my yummy GAPS recipes.
Latest posts by KimiHarris (see all)
- Simple Mexican Coleslaw - April 8, 2021
- Cassava Egg Noodles - January 14, 2021
- How to Make Whipped Dalgona Coffee with Mushroom Coffee Option - April 10, 2020