Want to go through my soup workshop that has videos and recipes teaching you to go make chicken and beef pho, miso soup, anchovy broth, and an adaptable beef stew (plus, get my whole grain, gluten-free mini eBook)? It is part of this amazing bundle of 53 products, available for a only until Thursday night!
It’s time to share your frugal and nourishing tips and recipes! Where do you shop for quality food at a lower price? What recipe saves a penny? How do you balance a budget with nourishing food? Share here.
Please read through the three simple rules for those participating. This helps keep the quality of our carnival. Please read them through before linking and thanks again for your continued participation.
1) No linking to giveaways or promotions for affiliates or sponsors. One thing that I’ve noticed increasingly on Pennywise Platter is that I am getting more and more promotional pieces for affiliates or sponsors and a lot of giveaways. I’ve decided to keep Pennywise less “commercial” and more in tune with the spirit of the carnival by not allowing these links anymore. There was nothing wrong with those of you who linked to them, I just think that it will protect the integrity of our carnival better without them. Plus, it makes our links valuable in the future as well. A link to a giveaway three months old isn’t going to be worth browsing in three months time, but a link to a recipe for a frugal soup would be. I will be deleting any giveaway links or promotional links.
2) Keep the ingredients “nourishing”, such as whole grains, meats, vegetables, legumes, unrefined salt and sugars, chicken, etc. I am not going to be an ingredient police every week, but if there is a link to a post that is obviously not filling any of the criteria for healthy (for example, a white flour, white sugar birthday cake), I will delete that link. However, feel free to post vegetarian, vegan, raw, low-carb ,paleo, vegan, etc.
3) Link back to the carnival This is common carnival courtesy. And more then that, it helps build the community of the carnival as you are sending your readers to others participating. And please, as a blogger, check out other’s posts and leave a comment as well! I know that we would all love to hear from each other.
Latest posts by KimiHarris (see all)
- 2 Ingredient Peppermint Bark - December 21, 2022
- Herbal Hibiscus Lemonade (Keto, THM) - March 16, 2022
- Creamy Curry Red Lentil Soup - December 8, 2021
Kathy @ Granny's Vital Vittles
Thanks for hosting Kimi! We’re moving on to something exciting in The Granny Plan … our first main dish! Drop to join us for 12 weeks of real food mastery. For more thoughts on transitioning to a real food diet read my post “How to Find Your Real Food Style”. I’m also sharing a few thoughts on posts I loved in February.
Tiffany @ DontWastetheCrumbs
Thanks for hosting, as always!
This week I’m sharing two posts – building on the cooking fats from last week, now we’re talking sourcing those awesome cooking fats (palm oil, peanut oil, lard and tallow) and a how-to guide on rendering your own lard or tallow!
Thanks for hosting. This week I am sharing two recipes from my new food blog. Love the addition of thumbnail photos!
GiGi Eats Celebrities
Love Pennywise Thursday! Such great posts 🙂
Today I am sharing a link to my video about how healthy KALE IS!!! Seriously a vegetable that should NOT be ignored. Enjoy!