It’s time to share your frugal and nourishing tips and recipes! Where do you shop for quality food at a lower price? What recipe saves a penny? How do you balance a budget with nourishing food? Share here.
Please read through the three simple rules for those participating. This helps keep the quality of our carnival. Please read them through before linking and thanks again for your continued participation.
1) No linking to giveaways or promotions for affiliates or sponsors. One thing that I’ve noticed increasingly on Pennywise Platter is that I am getting more and more promotional pieces for affiliates or sponsors and a lot of giveaways. I’ve decided to keep Pennywise less “commercial” and more in tune with the spirit of the carnival by not allowing these links anymore. There was nothing wrong with those of you who linked to them, I just think that it will protect the integrity of our carnival better without them. Plus, it makes our links valuable in the future as well. A link to a giveaway three months old isn’t going to be worth browsing in three months time, but a link to a recipe for a frugal soup would be. I will be deleting any giveaway links or promotional links.
2) Keep the ingredients “nourishing”, such as whole grains, meats, vegetables, legumes, unrefined salt and sugars, chicken, etc. I am not going to be an ingredient police every week, but if there is a link to a post that is obviously not filling any of the criteria for healthy (for example, a white flour, white sugar birthday cake), I will delete that link. However, feel free to post vegetarian, vegan, raw, low-carb, etc.
3) Link back to the carnival This is common carnival courtesy. And more then that, it helps build the community of the carnival as you are sending your readers to others participating. And please, as a blogger, check out other’s posts and leave a comment! I know that we would all love to hear from each other.
How to link up to your post? Read below.
Using the Mr. Linky, link back to your specific post, not just your blog.
Example of Format
Your Name: Kimi @ The Nourishing Gourmet (6 Tips for Eating Frugally)
Your Link: https://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/6tips
Latest posts by KimiHarris (see all)
- 2 Ingredient Peppermint Bark - December 21, 2022
- Herbal Hibiscus Lemonade (Keto, THM) - March 16, 2022
- Creamy Curry Red Lentil Soup - December 8, 2021
Thanks for hosting. Today I posted about why I am moving away from using mason jars for fermenting.
Paula @ Whole Intentions
Thanks for hosting!
I’ve been on an anti-candida cooking spree recently and wanted to share my Indian Stuffed Peppers recipe as a main dish, the Avocado & Onion Salad on the side, and our favorite Low-Carb, Grain-Free, Sugar-Free Coconut Macaroon Cookies for dessert. A bona fide meal that candida will hate! 🙂
Debbie @ Easy Natural Food
Hi Kimi, thanks for hosting, despite all that is happening in your life right now. This week I’m sharing my Mexican Hamburger Soup and my Chicken and Spinach Breakfast Sausage.
Thanks for hostingI am sharing two sauce/marinades that can be used on pork or chicken and cooked in a variety of ways.
~Tara @ Simply Made Home
Hi Kimi, I posted a story about a kombucha detox effect that I had in my skin, plus a recipe for homemade sloppy joes, and a weekly menu of my real food eats . . . for some reason my readers love this. EEK. Little nerve wracking to be so transparent with it. 😉
Laura @ Gluten Free Pantry
Thank you for hosting this great event each week! I linked up my Banana Chocolate Chip Drop Cookies, Raw Lemon “Cream” Bars and Honey Dijon Chicken recipes today. Have a wonderful weekend!
Danielle @ Fresh4Five
I add Grain-Free and Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
Thanks for hosting!
Meghan @ Whole Natural Life
I’m sharing three tips for making large batches of soup. Thanks for hosting!
I’m so sorry to hear about what your family and friends are going through.
Thank you for hosting.
This week I am sharing:
(1) Strawberry Cantaloupe Popsicles (sugar free) & Strawberry Teff Pancakes (allergy-friendly) – in the same post. We went strawberry picking so I’m going a little crazy with the strawberries!!
(2) Chicken, Mango and Black Bean Salad with a Vegan Cilantro Lime Sauce (SCD friendly)
Katie@ Mexican Wildlflower
I’m sharing my favorite way to make beans, so simple. I make them at least twice a month! Thanks for hosting!!
Melissa @ Dyno-mom
Thanks for hosting! This week I have a snarky, tongue in cheek post all about how to burn through you grocery budget in ten easy steps. See you around!
Thank you for hosting. I posted a recipe for Green Tea Matcha – Ginger Scones.
And I’m sorry to hear about your husband’s student. So sad. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I had been recently, vaguely thinking some of those things and it was good to see it in writing.
I’m sharing a healthier and simple gluten free brownie recipe I reviewed for Easy Eats magazine.
Lori @ Laurel of Leaves
Happy Thursday! I shared a delicious recipe for Rosemary Lemonade sweetened with honey and coconut sugar. Summer in a glass! (http://www.laurelofleaves.com/2012/05/rosemary-lemonade/)
Thank you for hosting! Hope you have time to check out my blog.
Thanks for the party! I’ve added my dad’s wisdom on how to fry the perfect pancake and 20 of my staple foods for GAPS.
Thanks for hosting this blog carnival! 🙂
i left two recipes…baked beans and rice and flourless deep dish cookie pie
Hi and thank you for hosting!
This week I’m sharing my recipe for Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream that ISN’T hard as a rock. This homemade ice cream is decadent and comforting, with just the right amount of ease in scooping right out of the freezer.
Dori @ Nourishing Foodways
Thank you for hosting us Kimi!
This week I’m sharing two pennywise posts (#59 & #60):
How to Save Money on Gluten-Free, Organic & Natural Foods: Sales &
How to Save Money on Gluten-Free, Organic & Natural Foods: Coupons
I’ve collected my favorite tips for shopping sales and using coupons. I think you’ll be surprised by the amount of savings available – I was!
Gluten-Free Recipes, Fermentation Techniques & Nutrient Dense Foods
Lisa @ HappyinDoleValley
Sharing our delicious banana blueberry muffin recipe — thanks for hosting! I’m off to see what everyone else shared today. Blessings 🙂
Rebecca @ Natural Mothers Network
Hi and thanks once again for hosting- Enjoy the weekend ! Rebecca @ Natural Mothers Network ( Seasonal Celebration Sunday) x
Laureen @ Fox in the Kitchen
This week I’m sharing recipes for my Fabulous Fresh Fruit Salad and an Orange and Almond Cake (Flourless).
i posted a yummy liver pate
i posted liver pate http://gutsyhealth.wordpress.com/2012/05/14/liver-pate/