Gently pan toasted and sweetened with coconut sugar, this is one of our favorite ways to get a serving of seaweed in! You can serve it with rice (a traditional way to enjoy it), quinoa, or top green salads, roasted vegetables, cucumber salads, and a lot more too with it. We sometimes enjoy it by the spoonful. In fact, the above batch was eaten with spoons by my daughters earlier today!
In my last post, I shared why it was recommended to me to add seaweed to my diet (and 4 reasons you may want to as well). This has been one of the most enjoyable and easiest ways for sure! It’s based on the product(Amazon links are affiliate) SeaSprinkles, which we love. However, as you may imagine, it is quite a bit cheaper to make your own version, so I do that now most of the time.
Many of you asked about sharing resources for buying seaweed from the Atlantic Ocean (because of concerns about radiation). Buying seaweed from Maine is one great option, and there are many small companies out there. I’d love to hear resources from you to include in the next post!
If you are unable to find nori flakes, you can simply flake nori pieces (or cut them into small pieces). I bought my nori flakes in bulk (it’s no longer available from the company I purchased it from, otherwise I’d link to them), but there are some items on Amazon, including these nori flakes that the company says they test for all heavy metals, contaminants, and radiation.
- Avocado oil (or oil of choice)
- ⅔ cup nori flakes
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat (if using cast iron, use medium), add enough oil to lightly oil the pan.
- Add the nori flakes and sesame seeds to the pan, and stir continually for 2-4 minutes, until the nori and sesame seeds are lightly toasted (make sure you don't burn them!).
- Remove from heat and stir in the coconut sugar. Let cool and serve, or store in an air-tight container.
Latest posts by KimiHarris (see all)
- Cassava Egg Noodles - January 14, 2021
- How to Make Whipped Dalgona Coffee with Mushroom Coffee Option - April 10, 2020
- Making a Beautiful Pancake Charcuterie Board - April 10, 2020