The quarantine life inspires creativity in the kitchen and the trend for pancake charcuterie boards is one of the finest examples I’ve seen. Also — one of the more delicious ideas out there. It’s a simple concept: load a board up with pancakes, and then put toppings and sides around it and allow everyone to serve themselves.
This would make a delicious Easter brunch idea, weekend meal, or a fun dinner for cooped up children.
I tried this out on my family, and it was a huge hit!
What do I like about it? For those of us struggling to get our pantries and fridges full of the basics because of the extreme shopping and unstocked grocery store shelves, this allows you to use whatever you have on hand. Toppings can include peanut or nut butter, jam, or honey, maple syrup, homemade syrup, berry syrup made from frozen berries, whipped cream with caramel sauce or chocolate syrup, fresh berries, and more!
Use what you have on hand, and enjoy. Like the perfect black dress, you can make this super fancy, or super simple. You can serve on whatever platter you have on hand, though I love using the traditional wooden serving board.
We made a version of this for our dinner the other night and this is what we did:
- Caramelized applesauce (I had some apples that were going bad, so I needed to use them right away. We diced them, added lemon zest and lemon juice, sweetener, cinnamon, dried ginger, and a dash or two of salt. Poured a little water in and roasted it in an oven for an hour and a half at 350F in a Dutch oven, covered. AMAZING).
- Fresh Blueberries
- Pure Maple syrup
- Gluten-free Pancakes and Coconut Flour Pancakes
- A simple strawberry syrup made from frozen sliced strawberries, and a little evaporated cane sugar and water (cook until syrupy in a pan).
- We kept the pancakes warm in the oven, so we could serve them all at once.
Recipes to inspire your pancake charcuterie board:
- Whole Grain Blender Pancakes with gluten-free and dairy-free options.
- Sourdough Pancakes
- Basic soaked pancakes
- Fun “Valentine” Pancakes, Pancake Sticks, and more
- Chocolate Whipped Cream
- Strawberry Whipped Cream
- Chocolate Coconut Whipped Cream (Dairy-free)
- Coconut whipped cream (stevia-sweetened)
- Homemade Bittersweet Chocolate Syrup
- Maple Cinnamon Pumpkin Seed Butter
- Easy-Peasy Dairy-free Caramel Sauce
- 12 Coconut Milk Ice Cream Recipes
- Easy Egg Muffins
- Decadent Scrambled Eggs
Latest posts by KimiHarris (see all)
- Cassava Egg Noodles - January 14, 2021
- How to Make Whipped Dalgona Coffee with Mushroom Coffee Option - April 10, 2020
- Making a Beautiful Pancake Charcuterie Board - April 10, 2020