You’d be a fool not to like this recipe and it is so easy, you are a fool if you can’t make it. Plus, you’d be a fool to eat it all in one sitting….. or something like that. Etymologists aren’t sure why these types of rich desserts are called “fools”, but it was started a long time ago in the medieval era. What I do know is that this recipe is absolutely delicious without very much work at all!
You take strawberries, and you macerate them with honey. You crush half of them and fold into whipped cream. Top with whole strawberries, and you have a Strawberry Fool!
While it is absolutely delicious on it’s own (and awfully rich, so serve in small dishes), it is incredible when served over French toast, pancakes, waffles, or crepes. Or what about putting it into a tart shell with fresh cut fruit delicately layered on top? Or using it in a trifle? Or what about using it as a special dip for strawberries and other fruit?
You see the options are endless. Don’t be a fool. Make it and enjoy.
Strawberry Fool Makes many servings (10). Can cut recipe in half.
2 pints of strawberries
1/3-1/2 cup of honey, plus 2 tablespoons
3 cups of heavy, organic whipping cream (not ultra-pasteurized)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. Remove the stems of all of the strawberries. Slice 1 pint of strawberries into a medium bowl and toss with 1/3-1/2 cup of honey (taste the strawberries and if they are really sweet, use less). Toss the other pint of whole strawberries in a separate bowl with 2 tablespoons of honey. Macerate for 20 minutes. Using a meat hammer or fork, or desired crushing implement, crush the sliced strawberries until it becomes the texture of chunky jam.
2. In a clean bowl, whip the cream and vanilla extracts on high until it forms stiff peaks. Gently fold the crushed berry mixture into the whipped cream. Scoop into a glass-serving dish, and decorate with the whole strawberries. Serve.
Latest posts by KimiHarris (see all)
- DIY Air Filter Using a Box Fan - December 4, 2017
- Creamy Instant Pot Rosemary Garlic Mashed Potatoes (Dairy-free options) - November 21, 2017
- Massage Oil for Sore Muscles and Joints - November 15, 2017