A simple summer meal, recipe to be posted soon.
I know, I know, I said I was going to post some recipes featuring bananas soon, they are coming! Life has intruded on my cooking and posting routine lately, and put me out of wack. I am looking forwarded to getting back into the swing of normal life again.
But because life has been crazy for our family the last few weeks, I feel that I’ve dropped the ball in cooking the way I normally do. For example, all of us (even including Elena) started craving more vegetables because I just wasn’t preparing as many of them as I normally do.
I decided it was time to revise and revisit the New Year Goals that I had made at the beginning of the year. We think of making goals only once a year or so, but I find it extremely helpful to make goals more often as it gives me the chance to really evaluate myself. So really, this is long overdo.
(By the way, if you read my goals you will get a feel of what type of recipes I will be sharing this summer and I also have some great new things in store for this blog! Stay tuned!)
Many of us feel that summertime is a time to get relaxed and not push ahead in eating healthy and certainly vacation is not the best time to create new habits! But summer is one of the best times to enjoy produce, so it would be a shame to miss it all because of a too relaxed attitude. Besides which, this the the time to stock freezers and can too! Here are my goals for the summer.
My Food Goals for the Summer (to be revised as needed)
My two over arching goals are to plan simple meals based off of fresh produce, and to put up as much food as I can.
- Incorporate as much fresh produce as I can into our meals, taking advantage of farmer’s markets and farmer’s roadside stands. Think “produce dominated” diet.
- Pick fresh berries for my freezer and for fresh eating
- Keep encouraging Elena to drink her water
- Sprout more grains and legumes
- Eat more Seafood as budget allows
- Consider canning tomatoes for winter
- Make and eat LOTS of lacto-fermented food as time and budget allow
So there are a few goals of mine for the summer. What about you? Have any plans and goals for this summer? Do share!
Latest posts by KimiHarris (see all)
- Cassava Egg Noodles - January 14, 2021
- How to Make Whipped Dalgona Coffee with Mushroom Coffee Option - April 10, 2020
- Making a Beautiful Pancake Charcuterie Board - April 10, 2020