It’s time to share your frugal and nourishing tips and recipes! Where do you shop for quality food at a lower price? What recipe saves a penny? How do you balance a budget with nourishing food? Share here.
Please read through the three simple rules for those participating. This helps keep the quality of our carnival. Please read them through before linking and thanks again for your continued participation.
1) No linking to giveaways or promotions for affiliates or sponsors. One thing that I’ve noticed increasingly on Pennywise Platter is that I am getting more and more promotional pieces for affiliates or sponsors and a lot of giveaways. I’ve decided to keep Pennywise less “commercial” and more in tune with the spirit of the carnival by not allowing these links anymore. There was nothing wrong with those of you who linked to them, I just think that it will protect the integrity of our carnival better without them. Plus, it makes our links valuable in the future as well. A link to a giveaway three months old isn’t going to be worth browsing in three months time, but a link to a recipe for a frugal soup would be. I will be deleting any giveaway links or promotional links.
2) Keep the ingredients “nourishing”, such as whole grains, meats, vegetables, legumes, unrefined salt and sugars, chicken, etc. I am not going to be an ingredient police every week, but if there is a link to a post that is obviously not filling any of the criteria for healthy (for example, a white flour, white sugar birthday cake), I will delete that link. However, feel free to post vegetarian, vegan, raw, low-carb, paleo, etc.
3) Link back to the carnival This is common carnival courtesy. And more then that, it helps build the community of the carnival as you are sending your readers to others participating. And please, as a blogger, check out other’s posts and leave a comment as well! I know that we would all love to hear from each other.
Latest posts by KimiHarris (see all)
- 2 Ingredient Peppermint Bark - December 21, 2022
- Herbal Hibiscus Lemonade (Keto, THM) - March 16, 2022
- Creamy Curry Red Lentil Soup - December 8, 2021
Hello and thank you for hosting! I’m leaving an idea for an “Autumn Salad Bar” which is easy enough for a weeknight but pretty enough to serve to company. Enjoy! -Natali
Katie @Nourishing Simplicity
Thanks for hosting Kimi! Have a wonderful weekend!
Jaime @ Gutsy By Nature
Thanks for hosting! I’m sharing an easy recipe this week for braised chicken and vegetables. Totally flexible to use whatever hearty vegetables you have on hand.
Julia @ Swirls and Spice
I love finding new recipes here! My contributions this week are Dairy Free Naan Bread and Savoury Egg, Sausage, and Grits Casserole (also dairy free).
Thanks for hosting, Kimi! I linked up my go-to crockpot recipe for nourishing bone broth. It’s super simple, and tastes incredibly rich after gently simmering for 18 hours. Just in time for soup season!
My recipe today is for healthy Sweet and Sour Chicken!
Marianne @ Ragdoll Kitchen
Thank you for hosting 🙂 I brought Chocolate Chip Quinoa Cookie Pizza and Blender Flatbread. Both recipes are gluten-free, dairy-free and refined sugar free.
Mama Going Natural
Hi – thank you for hosting. I have shared one of our families favourite pro-biotic ice cream recipes for your readers to enjoy.
Emily @ Recipes to Nourish
Thanks so much for hosting Kimi! I shared an end of the summer Fresh Salsa w/ Cucumber. The cucumber adds the best flavor to this salsa, it’s so delicious and refreshing. Thanks again!