It’s time to share your frugal and nourishing tips and recipes! Where do you shop for quality food at a lower price? What recipe saves a penny? How do you balance a budget with nourishing food? Share here.
Please read through the three simple rules for those participating. This helps keep the quality of our carnival. Please read them through before linking and thanks again for your continued participation.
1. No linking to giveaways or promotions for affiliates or sponsors. One thing that I’ve noticed increasingly on Pennywise Platter is that I am getting more and more promotional pieces for affiliates or sponsors and a lot of giveaways. I’ve decided to keep Pennywise less “commercial” and more in tune with the spirit of the carnival by not allowing these links anymore. There was nothing wrong with those of you who linked to them, I just think that it will protect the integrity of our carnival better without them. Plus, it makes our links valuable in the future as well. A link to a giveaway three months old isn’t going to be worth browsing in three months time, but a link to a recipe for a frugal soup would be. I will be deleting any giveaway links or promotional links.
2. Keep the ingredients “nourishing” such as whole grains, meats, vegetables, legumes, unrefined salt and sugars, chicken, etc. I am not going to be an ingredient police every week, but if there is a link to a post that is obviously not filling any of the criteria for healthy (for example, a white flour, white sugar birthday cake), I will delete that link. However, feel free to post vegetarian, vegan, raw, low-carb, paleo, etc.
3. Link back to the carnival. This is common carnival courtesy. And more then that, it helps build the community of the carnival as you are sending your readers to others participating. And please, as a blogger, check out other’s posts and leave a comment as well! I know that we would all love to hear from each other. Please limit yourself to three entries each week, and also remember that we are concentrating on, although not entirely limited to, frugal and nourishing recipes. Thanks!
Latest posts by KimiHarris (see all)
- 2 Ingredient Peppermint Bark - December 21, 2022
- Herbal Hibiscus Lemonade (Keto, THM) - March 16, 2022
- Creamy Curry Red Lentil Soup - December 8, 2021
Julia @ Swirls and Spice
I hope that you are having a great summer, Kimi. I took last week’s break from Pennywise Platter to mean that you were! Thank for hosting us this week!
Thanks Julia! Unfortunately, we missed last week because of technical issues on our backend (though I wish it was because of summer fun!). I’m glad we are up and running again this week. 🙂
Thanks for hosting, this week I am sharing my Gluten Free Vegan Granola Bars and my One Bowl Vegan Gluten Free Banana Bread with chocolate Chips.
Judee@gluten free A-Z blog
Thank you so much for hosting this healthy food carnival. I find so many wonderful recipes each week. I linked a summer appetizer that is healthy and looks beautiful, Avocado, tomato, cucumber and herb Caprese Salad Appetizer
Jacquelyn at LittleOwlCrunchyMomma
Thanks so much for hosting, Kimi! This week I linked up my post, “How to Make Herbed Raw Milk Cheese.” It’s absolutely delicious! If you’ve ever wanted to make your own cheese before, this is a great recipe to start with.