I am not only releasing an exciting ebook series based on nutrient dense foods (Dr. Price style), but I am also giving away a Le Creuset French Oven! Check it out, and enter soon as it is open for a couple more hours!
It’s time to share your frugal and nourishing tips and recipes! Where do you shop for quality food at a lower price? What recipe saves a penny? How do you balance a budget with nourishing food? Share here.
Please read through the three simple rules for those participating. This helps keep the quality of our carnival. Please read them through before linking and thanks again for your continued participation.
1) No linking to giveaways or promotions for affiliates or sponsors. One thing that I’ve noticed increasingly on Pennywise Platter is that I am getting more and more promotional pieces for affiliates or sponsors and a lot of giveaways. I’ve decided to keep Pennywise less “commercial” and more in tune with the spirit of the carnival by not allowing these links anymore. There was nothing wrong with those of you who linked to them, I just think that it will protect the integrity of our carnival better without them. Plus, it makes our links valuable in the future as well. A link to a giveaway three months old isn’t going to be worth browsing in three months time, but a link to a recipe for a frugal soup would be. I will be deleting any giveaway links or promotional links.
2) Keep the ingredients “nourishing”, such as whole grains, meats, vegetables, legumes, unrefined salt and sugars, chicken, etc. I am not going to be an ingredient police every week, but if there is a link to a post that is obviously not filling any of the criteria for healthy (for example, a white flour, white sugar birthday cake), I will delete that link. However, feel free to post vegetarian, vegan, raw, low-carb, paleo, etc.
3) Link back to the carnival This is common carnival courtesy. And more then that, it helps build the community of the carnival as you are sending your readers to others participating. And please, as a blogger, check out other’s posts and leave a comment as well! I know that we would all love to hear from each other.
Latest posts by KimiHarris (see all)
- 2 Ingredient Peppermint Bark - December 21, 2022
- Herbal Hibiscus Lemonade (Keto, THM) - March 16, 2022
- Creamy Curry Red Lentil Soup - December 8, 2021
Stacy @Stacy Makes Cents
Thank you for hosting! I’ve been lurking all morning waiting for this. LOL 🙂
Thank you for hosting!
The real culprit turns out to be none of the usual suspects.
How To Cure Tooth Decay: What Causes Tooth Decay?
Just a write-up on stock – the benefits and a how to. Thank you!
Jeanne & Abby
Ever wanted to make homemade nutbutter that’s actually creamy and delicious? Try this … it’s almost addictive 🙂
Thanks for Hosting!!
I’m sharing two recipes this week. One is for Cardamom Pilaf and the other is Spiced Up Popcorn. I’m looking forward to checking out all the other healthy recipes this week. Great party, as always!
Tiffany @ DontWastetheCrumbs.com
Before I go any further, I have just one word. CHEESECAKE! 🙂
I shared two super practical posts this week: how to eat less refined flour, and how to eat more whole wheat flour and like it…. but neither of those taste as good as the vanilla bean cheesecake recipe I shared. And no, having cheesecake on-hand is not one of the tips to eat less refined flour – but it certainly doesn’t hurt!! 🙂
Thanks for hosting!!
Emily @ Recipes to Nourish
Thanks so much for hosting. Today I shared a Nettle Cinnamon Herbal Tea Infusion recipe – a herbal tea infusion that is high in Iron and Vitamin C. Thanks again.
Little E's Kitchen
I shared my Avocado Fries With Sweet Mustard Dipping Sauce recipe. It is a great appetizer and it doesn’t have a ton of ingredients. I can’t wait to read all the other links!
Andrea @Andreas Kitchen
I shared my recipe for Banana Cake this week. This recipe is gluten free, but you can make it with “regular” flour if you don’t have an issue with gluten.
There is only 1/2 cup of coconut palm sugar in this whole cake, so it’s pretty healthy!
Thanks for hosting!