It’s time to share your frugal and nourishing tips and recipes! Where do you shop for quality food at a lower price? What recipe saves a penny? How do you balance a budget with nourishing food? Share here.
Please read through the three simple rules for those participating. This helps keep the quality of our carnival. Please read them through before linking and thanks again for your continued participation.
1) No linking to giveaways or promotions for affiliates or sponsors. One thing that I’ve noticed increasingly on Pennywise Platter is that I am getting more and more promotional pieces for affiliates or sponsors and a lot of giveaways. I’ve decided to keep Pennywise less “commercial” and more in tune with the spirit of the carnival by not allowing these links anymore. There was nothing wrong with those of you who linked to them, I just think that it will protect the integrity of our carnival better without them. Plus, it makes our links valuable in the future as well. A link to a giveaway three months old isn’t going to be worth browsing in three months time, but a link to a recipe for a frugal soup would be. I will be deleting any giveaway links or promotional links.
2) Keep the ingredients “nourishing”, such as whole grains, meats, vegetables, legumes, unrefined salt and sugars, chicken, etc. I am not going to be an ingredient police every week, but if there is a link to a post that is obviously not filling any of the criteria for healthy (for example, a white flour, white sugar birthday cake), I will delete that link. However, feel free to post vegetarian, vegan, raw, low-carb, etc.
3) Link back to the carnival This is common carnival courtesy. And more then that, it helps build the community of the carnival as you are sending your readers to others participating. And please, as a blogger, check out other’s posts and leave a comment! I know that we would all love to hear from each other.
How to link up to your post? Read below.
Using the Mr. Linky, link back to your specific post, not just your blog.
Example of Format
Your Name: Kimi @ The Nourishing Gourmet (6 Tips for Eating Frugally)
Your Link: https://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/6tips
Latest posts by KimiHarris (see all)
- 2 Ingredient Peppermint Bark - December 21, 2022
- Herbal Hibiscus Lemonade (Keto, THM) - March 16, 2022
- Creamy Curry Red Lentil Soup - December 8, 2021
Katie @ Riddlelove
This week I’m sharing our Parsnip Fries with Lambs Quarter Pesto as well as a weekly menu plan. Thanks for hosting!
Thanks for hosting Kimi! Blessings to you today!
Kristel from Healthy Frugalista
I’m leaving a post (#9) for those who think they can’t have a vegetable garden because their yard isn’t sunny enough. It’s a list of veggies that grow in low light conditions and some tips for shady gardens.
I left a recipe for Avocado Egg Salad in a Cucumber Boat. It’s dairy/gluten/grain free and Super Delicious! I’m not a fan of a traditional egg salad with mayo, but this one has a much brighter/lighter flavor that I really love.
Happy Thursday, hope you’re enjoying these lovely days while they last too. Kimi, have you found any good places for u-pick no-spray berries in the area?
Not sure where you are located, but these farms are no spray and have kid-friendly picking. We’ve been very happy w/ the produce from all of them:
Paula @ Whole Intentions
I love having a filling and healthy breakfast without a lot of time in the making of it. Baked Sourdough French Toast is a sleepy mom’s one-pan answer to breakfast!
Thanks for hosting!
Lisa @ HappyinDoleValley
Sharing a delicious low-sugar cherry almond muffin recipe. Enjoy!
Thanks for hosting. 🙂
Laureen @ Fox in the Kitchen
This week I’m sharing three gluten free recipes. Chai Tea Frappe, Quinoa Salad With Adzuki or Black Beans and a recipe round up featuring Quinoa Salad with Buckwheat and Edamame plus a blogpost about Why I Make Homemade Yogurt (Part Two).
Thanks for hosting! I’m sharing a peanut butter recipe.
Caralyn @ glutenfreehappytummy
Thanks so much for hosting! This week, I’m sharing my Broccoli, Basil & Avocado Quinoa Pilaf! It’s gluten free, vegan, and body ecology diet friendly! thanks again!
Melissa @ Dyno-mom
Thanks for hosting each week! Today I have a post about everything needed in a first aid kit, including necessary homeopathics. I also have advice on how to start small and not break the bank. Hope to see you there!
I just got this blog up and running yesterday and I’m excited to link to the first hop it’s ever seen. Thanks for hosting! I’d love to get a few people to stop over and check it out!
I found a new side to asparagus.
Kendahl @ Our Nourishing Roots
This week is BISCUIT WEEK! Well, not really, but I did make Strawberry Shortcake w/ Mint-Infused Honey as well as Biscuits & Gravy this week. It’s good enough for me!
Summer is a great time for a Mixed Grill and Chimichurri. See how to do it while staying cool. http://www.myhealthyeatinghabits.com/2012/06/25/mixed-grill-chimichurri/