It’s time to share your frugal and nourishing tips and recipes! Where do you shop for quality food at a lower price? What recipe saves a penny? How do you balance a budget with nourishing food? Share here.
Please read through the three simple rules for those participating. This helps keep the quality of our carnival. Please read them through before linking and thanks again for your continued participation.
1) No linking to giveaways or promotions for affiliates or sponsors. One thing that I’ve noticed increasingly on Pennywise Platter is that I am getting more and more promotional pieces for affiliates or sponsors and a lot of giveaways. I’ve decided to keep Pennywise less “commercial” and more in tune with the spirit of the carnival by not allowing these links anymore. There was nothing wrong with those of you who linked to them, I just think that it will protect the integrity of our carnival better without them. Plus, it makes our links valuable in the future as well. A link to a giveaway three months old isn’t going to be worth browsing in three months time, but a link to a recipe for a frugal soup would be. I will be deleting any giveaway links or promotional links.
2) Keep the ingredients “nourishing”, such as whole grains, meats, vegetables, legumes, unrefined salt and sugars, chicken, etc. I am not going to be an ingredient police every week, but if there is a link to a post that is obviously not filling any of the criteria for healthy (for example, a white flour, white sugar birthday cake), I will delete that link. However, feel free to post vegetarian, vegan, raw, low-carb, paleo, etc.
3) Link back to the carnival This is common carnival courtesy. And more then that, it helps build the community of the carnival as you are sending your readers to others participating. And please, as a blogger, check out other’s posts and leave a comment as well! I know that we would all love to hear from each other.
Latest posts by KimiHarris (see all)
- 2 Ingredient Peppermint Bark - December 21, 2022
- Herbal Hibiscus Lemonade (Keto, THM) - March 16, 2022
- Creamy Curry Red Lentil Soup - December 8, 2021
Abby and Jeanne
It’s nice to be able to link up the evening before this week, so I can do it without kids pounding at the keyboard 🙂
We we’re busy this week with a ginger bug, paleo chicken nuggets, brussel sprouts and soaked almonds.
I can’t eat dairy but was craving ice cream! This sure did do the job! 🙂
Thanks for hosting!
I’m sharing my natural oral care this week! Includes toothpaste/powder, teeth whitener, and 3 options for mouth wash.
I you like it 🙂
Stacy @Stacy Makes Cents
Thanks so much for hosting! I’m heading to check out that Quick Strawberry Ice Cream. Yummy!
So excited to have found you and Pennywise Platter! Started checking out the great posts and look forward to reading and learning and sharing more. Thank you!
Thanks for hosting Kimi! 🙂
Thanks for hosting! I accidentally posted twice and can’t delete… Sorry! can you please delete the one that says my name!? thanks!
Emily @ Recipes to Nourish
Thanks so much for hosting. I shared Sloppy “Rose” Lettuce Wraps – The Best Sloppy Joes Ever recipe. It’s my version of my mom’s recipe that I loved as a child, but with grassfed ground beef and other healthier ingredients (vegan-option shared too). Thanks again.
Oh man… So sorry! I clicked something… didn’t see my picture for “http://gratefultable.com/make-mixes-from-scratch-healthy-way-to-save-time-money/”, so I clicked again. Added the link to the picture, clicked again. And I ended up with THREE spaces, all taken up by my one post.
Can you tell I’m new at this?!
In any case, my post includes two mixes that start with oats and spices, that can be the base for meatballs or meat loaf (or to dredge chicken). There’s a mix for “Italian dressing concentrate”, which keeps in the freezer- just add oil and vinegar to whip up a small, quick batch.
There’s also a taco seasoning mix- secret ingredient SUGAR! But palm sugar would be the healthy substitute choice 😀
This is how we make things from scratch at our cafe. Thought I’d share with the home cook!
GiGi Eats Celebrities
Probiotics! How many of you take them? I ADORE THEM! Without probiotics I would probably be dead… Because I suffocated from my stench as I suffer from extreme stomach stabbing pain. LOL! TMI?? Never!
Tiffany @ DontWastetheCrumbs.com
Thank you for hosting!
This week I shared a delicious chocolate snack cake made with leftover oatmeal and whole wheat – a cake worthy of serving for breakfast! I also shared a tutorial on making a sourdough starter. Got one minute to spare? Then you can make starter too!