It’s time to share your frugal and nourishing tips and recipes! Where do you shop for quality food at a lower price? What recipe saves a penny? How do you balance a budget with nourishing food? Share here.
Please read through the three simple rules for those participating. This helps keep the quality of our carnival. Please read them through before linking and thanks again for your continued participation.
1) No linking to giveaways or promotions for affiliates or sponsors. One thing that I’ve noticed increasingly on Pennywise Platter is that I am getting more and more promotional pieces for affiliates or sponsors and a lot of giveaways. I’ve decided to keep Pennywise less “commercial” and more in tune with the spirit of the carnival by not allowing these links anymore. There was nothing wrong with those of you who linked to them, I just think that it will protect the integrity of our carnival better without them. Plus, it makes our links valuable in the future as well. A link to a giveaway three months old isn’t going to be worth browsing in three months time, but a link to a recipe for a frugal soup would be. I will be deleting any giveaway links or promotional links.
2) Keep the ingredients “nourishing”, such as whole grains, meats, vegetables, legumes, unrefined salt and sugars, chicken, etc. I am not going to be an ingredient police every week, but if there is a link to a post that is obviously not filling any of the criteria for healthy (for example, a white flour, white sugar birthday cake), I will delete that link. However, feel free to post vegetarian, vegan, raw, low-carb, paleo, etc.
3) Link back to the carnival This is common carnival courtesy. And more then that, it helps build the community of the carnival as you are sending your readers to others participating. And please, as a blogger, check out other’s posts and leave a comment as well! I know that we would all love to hear from each other.
Latest posts by KimiHarris (see all)
- 2 Ingredient Peppermint Bark - December 21, 2022
- Herbal Hibiscus Lemonade (Keto, THM) - March 16, 2022
- Creamy Curry Red Lentil Soup - December 8, 2021
Swirls and Spice
Inspired by your post on affordable seafood, the salad I am sharing this week included canned crab meat.
Thanks for hosting!
Thanks for hosting Kimi! I’m adding my Vanilla ‘Bean’ Milk this week. 🙂
Mama Going Natural
Thanks for hosting Kimi, I have put up my Sugar Free Chia Seed Jam recipe this week.
Katie @ Girl Meets Nourishment
Thanks for hosting!
Laura @ Gluten Free Pantry
Thanks so much for sharing! I am sharing my Wild Orange Chocolate Balls and Artichoke Hummus Dip recipes this week. Cheers!
I posted my very favorite grilled food: Turkey Ginger Burgers. Also fantastic as meatballs or meatloaf! Thanks for everything! 🙂
Dawn ~ Spatulas On Parade
New to your site and party. Found it on facebook.
Kelley@The Darling Bakers
Thank you for hosting! I posted my recipe for Migas, my favorite real food dinner for busy or lazy nights!