It’s time to share your frugal and nourishing tips and recipes! Where do you shop for quality food at a lower price? What recipe saves a penny? How do you balance a budget with nourishing food? Share here.
Please read through the three simple rules for those participating. This helps keep the quality of our carnival. Please read them through before linking and thanks again for your continued participation.
1) No linking to giveaways or promotions for affiliates or sponsors. One thing that I’ve noticed increasingly on Pennywise Platter is that I am getting more and more promotional pieces for affiliates or sponsors and a lot of giveaways. I’ve decided to keep Pennywise less “commercial” and more in tune with the spirit of the carnival by not allowing these links anymore. There was nothing wrong with those of you who linked to them, I just think that it will protect the integrity of our carnival better without them. Plus, it makes our links valuable in the future as well. A link to a giveaway three months old isn’t going to be worth browsing in three months time, but a link to a recipe for a frugal soup would be. I will be deleting any giveaway links or promotional links.
2) Keep the ingredients “nourishing”, such as whole grains, meats, vegetables, legumes, unrefined salt and sugars, chicken, etc. I am not going to be an ingredient police every week, but if there is a link to a post that is obviously not filling any of the criteria for healthy (for example, a white flour, white sugar birthday cake), I will delete that link. However, feel free to post vegetarian, vegan, raw, low-carb, paleo, etc.
3) Link back to the carnival This is common carnival courtesy. And more then that, it helps build the community of the carnival as you are sending your readers to others participating. And please, as a blogger, check out other’s posts and leave a comment as well! I know that we would all love to hear from each other.
Latest posts by KimiHarris (see all)
- 2 Ingredient Peppermint Bark - December 21, 2022
- Herbal Hibiscus Lemonade (Keto, THM) - March 16, 2022
- Creamy Curry Red Lentil Soup - December 8, 2021
Emily @ Recipes to Nourish
Thanks so much for hosting! I shared a Watermelon Granita recipe. It’s the perfect summer treat. Thanks again.
Megan @ Allergy Free Alaska
Good morning! This week I’m sharing my new recipe for grain free Chocolate Chip Doughnuts with Chocolate Glaze. Thank you for hosting!
Eileen @ Phoenix Helix
Thanks for hosting again! I linked up to 3 spice variations to add extra flavors to your burgers this summer. I also linked up to a favorite stew that makes a huge pot with lots of servings. Have a great week, everyone.
Whoops! Put my name on the recipe title instead of the name of the recipe, haha. Anyway, it’s a homemade BBQ with a link to an unsweetened ketchup that is the base of the sauce. Let me know if I can change that!
Thanks so much!
Thanks for hosting Kimi! I’m adding my Raw Brownies this week. Have a great day!
Thanks for hosting! I am sharing again after a long absence and have a delicious recipe for avocado gazpacho!