It’s time to share your frugal and nourishing tips and recipes! Where do you shop for quality food at a lower price? What recipe saves a penny? How do you balance a budget with nourishing food? Share here.
Please read through the three simple rules for those participating. This helps keep the quality of our carnival. Please read them through before linking and thanks again for your continued participation.
1) No linking to giveaways or promotions for affiliates or sponsors. One thing that I’ve noticed increasingly on Pennywise Platter is that I am getting more and more promotional pieces for affiliates or sponsors and a lot of giveaways. I’ve decided to keep Pennywise less “commercial” and more in tune with the spirit of the carnival by not allowing these links anymore. There was nothing wrong with those of you who linked to them, I just think that it will protect the integrity of our carnival better without them. Plus, it makes our links valuable in the future as well. A link to a giveaway three months old isn’t going to be worth browsing in three months time, but a link to a recipe for a frugal soup would be. I will be deleting any giveaway links or promotional links.
2) Keep the ingredients “nourishing”, such as whole grains, meats, vegetables, legumes, unrefined salt and sugars, chicken, etc. I am not going to be an ingredient police every week, but if there is a link to a post that is obviously not filling any of the criteria for healthy (for example, a white flour, white sugar birthday cake), I will delete that link. However, feel free to post vegetarian, vegan, raw, low-carb ,paleo, vegan, etc.
3) Link back to the carnival This is common carnival courtesy. And more then that, it helps build the community of the carnival as you are sending your readers to others participating. And please, as a blogger, check out other’s posts and leave a comment as well! I know that we would all love to hear from each other.
Latest posts by KimiHarris (see all)
- 2 Ingredient Peppermint Bark - December 21, 2022
- Herbal Hibiscus Lemonade (Keto, THM) - March 16, 2022
- Creamy Curry Red Lentil Soup - December 8, 2021
Swirls and Spice
Looking forward to this weeks recipes and tips!
Abby and Jeanne
This week we made Mexican Cultured Veggies and Asian-like Slow Cooker Short Ribs. Thanks for hosting!
Hello! Thanks for hosting again. I added a recipe for an easy, tasty, healthy crock pot applesauce. I hope that you and your readers enjoy.
Jeanne & Abby
okay … we’ve got one more … it’s not your regular egg salad, but oh so good!
Tiffany @ DontWastetheCrumbs
I sincerely appreciate you hosting Kim, thank you ! 🙂
Most store-bought tortillas are laden with hydrogenated oils and some even have high fructose corn syrup. I shared a recipe this week to make your own and it can be customized to white or wheat and there’s even an option to soak the grains beforehand! I also shared an article on the various types of butter and what they mean – grass-fed vs. organic vs. cultured, etc. – and how to find the best butter for your needs.
Thanks for hosting this! I love getting new tips & recipes! Sorry about the double post. I’m newbie and did not think the first post worked.
I, too am a newbie. You can be certain I will check back often!
Thanks for the great ideas!