It’s time to share your frugal and nourishing tips and recipes! Where do you shop for quality food at a lower price? What recipe saves a penny? How do you balance a budget with nourishing food? Share here.
Please read through the three simple rules for those participating. This helps keep the quality of our carnival. Please read them through before linking and thanks again for your continued participation.
1) No linking to giveaways or promotions for affiliates or sponsors. One thing that I’ve noticed increasingly on Pennywise Platter is that I am getting more and more promotional pieces for affiliates or sponsors and a lot of giveaways. I’ve decided to keep Pennywise less “commercial” and more in tune with the spirit of the carnival by not allowing these links anymore. There was nothing wrong with those of you who linked to them, I just think that it will protect the integrity of our carnival better without them. Plus, it makes our links valuable in the future as well. A link to a giveaway three months old isn’t going to be worth browsing in three months time, but a link to a recipe for a frugal soup would be. I will be deleting any giveaway links or promotional links.
2) Keep the ingredients “nourishing”, such as whole grains, meats, vegetables, legumes, unrefined salt and sugars, chicken, etc. I am not going to be an ingredient police every week, but if there is a link to a post that is obviously not filling any of the criteria for healthy (for example, a white flour, white sugar birthday cake), I will delete that link. However, feel free to post vegetarian, vegan, raw, low-carb, etc.
3) Link back to the carnival This is common carnival courtesy. And more then that, it helps build the community of the carnival as you are sending your readers to others participating. And please, as a blogger, check out other’s posts and leave a comment! I know that we would all love to hear from each other.
How to link up to your post? Read below.
Using the Mr. Linky, link back to your specific post, not just your blog.
Example of Format
Your Name: Kimi @ The Nourishing Gourmet (6 Tips for Eating Frugally)
Your Link: https://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/6tips
Latest posts by KimiHarris (see all)
- 2 Ingredient Peppermint Bark - December 21, 2022
- Herbal Hibiscus Lemonade (Keto, THM) - March 16, 2022
- Creamy Curry Red Lentil Soup - December 8, 2021
Debbie @ Easy Natural Food
I’m sharing my yummy Chicken Parmesan Meatballs and a post on homemade Chicken Stock with tips, tricks and special ingredients! Thanks for hosting, Kimi!
Katie @ Riddlelove
This week I’m sharing our current real food weekly menu plan, including recipe links and 2 snack ideas a day, as well as a Valentine’s day breakfast and dinner ideas. Thanks for hosting!
d.liff @ yelleBELLYboo
I also want to share this pineapple crisp – an easy dessert, mostly fruit, and inexpensive!
Kendahl @ Our Nourishing Roots
I already have three posts to share this week, wow. I’m a big blogging nerd. First is my final post on the GAPS Challenge. We are already in week four. What?! That went fast.
Secondly I have my latest REAL FOOD 101 post on how to make a basic vinaigrette. Plus, I share my Garlic and Herb version that always makes everyone ask for the recipe and ask how I made such an amazing dressing. The secret? Come find out 😀
And finally, I just put up my latest post for a Berry Custard with Sweet Whipped Cream. It’s so delicious and versatile: perfect for breakfast, brunch, or dessert.
I shared my recipe for a making a grain-free zucchini pasta bake using the zucchini that I dehydrated last summer. Thanks for hosting!
Joy at The Liberated Kitchen
I shared a few this week:
– The launch of Real Food Ryan Gosling and Gluten Free Ryan Gosling – if you have ideas for either send them to me and I’ll incorporate them (with linkbacks!).
– A baked salmon dish, wild caught, on sale of course, made with tomatoes we preserved last summer.
– My modification of Wardeh’s mindblowing 5 spice apple chutney. The kids love this stuff!
This week I am sharing a Valentine’s inspired dish (the most beautiful vibrant red color): roasted beet, cabbage and green apple. Simple, healthy and delicious.
Have a great week.
Whoops, I mean Thursday!! 🙂
I shared a quick, nourishing and frugal breakfast idea – egg muffins (GF!)
Katie @ Mexican Wildflower
Good Morning Kimi! I’m sharing my nourishing take on my grandma’s mayo cake. I hope you have a blessed day!
Maria @ Sage + Lavender
Thank you so much for sharing. I love all of the recipes shared here today. For this linky I am sharing my millet veggie salad bowl and my thoughts on respecting the food you eat. Have a wonderful Thrusday.
Tessa Domestic Diva
A healthy pumpkin muffin my family can;t get enough of right now! http://tessadomesticdiva.blogspot.com/2012/02/pumpkin-chocolate-chip-muffins.html
And my favorite easy side of late:
I posted my favorite grain-free, dairy-free curry sauce recipe.
Justine @ The Lone Home Ranger
Hi! This is my first week joining the carnival, and I shared a post about how to shop frugally without coupons. http://www.lonehomeranger.com/2012/01/frugal-grocery-shoppingwithout-coupons.html
I also shared my great aunt’s recipe for cinnamon rolls, which I updated to make more healthy: http://www.lonehomeranger.com/2012/02/aunt-els-cinnamon-rolls.html
Hope you enjoy, and thanks for hosting!
Lori @ Laurel of Leaves
I shared a recipe for my new obsession — roasted Brussels sprouts. Definitely not the slimy mess that has been so villified! 😉
Thank you for hosting. I posted my chai recipe that can be tailor made to fit your individual health needs. I also posted my cultured lemon recipe.
Melissa @ Dyno-mom
Hello, again! This week I am linking to my post all about using dried beans. The secret to totally gas-free beans is there and if you don’t know it, then you should stop by!
Joanna @ plus other good stuff
I’m sharing my frugal pregnancy tea recipe, plus my food diary at 25 weeks pregnant. Thanks for hosting Kimi!
Laura @ Gluten Free Pantry
I shared my Creamy Kale Salad recipe this week. Cheers!
Sonja @ practical-stewardship.com
I’m sharing a raw, vegan 4 ingredient super fast dessert: Chocolate Coconut Delights. Thanks for hosting! http://practical-stewardship.com/2012/02/08/4-ingredient-chocolate-coconut-delights/
Soli @ I Believe in Butter
Not only do I have material to post this week, I have TWO posts! First is a tutorial on sprouting lentils and why you would want to do this, and the second is a recipe for sprouted lentil soup.
Christy @ Raising Knights
I finally left Paul Newman and started making my own pasta sauce. My family loves it!
Kelly @ The Nourishing Home
Hi, Kimi! I share my family’s favorite GF brownie recipe this week – perfect for Valentine’s Day! Hope you have a blessed one! 🙂 Kelly
Sharing a recipe for Basil, Tomato & Goat Cheese Pizza with a Cauliflower-Mozzarella Crust [Gluten-Free] — a delicious alternative to grain or nut crusts. Thanks for hosting! Happy Valentine’s Day!
Thanks for hosting. I’ve shared a super easy Egg and Tomato Breakfast Sandwich recipe.
I’m sharing my potato and red lentil soup-vegan and gluten free. I created it specifically for a superbowl party I went to, and it ended up being the dish of the night-crazy!!!
Thanks for hosting!!! Love coming over every week!