It’s time to share your frugal and nourishing tips and recipes! Where do you shop for quality food at a lower price? What recipe saves a penny? How do you balance a budget with nourishing food? Share here.
Please read through the three simple rules for those participating. This helps keep the quality of our carnival. Please read them through before linking and thanks again for your continued participation.
1) No linking to giveaways or promotions for affiliates or sponsors. One thing that I’ve noticed increasingly on Pennywise Platter is that I am getting more and more promotional pieces for affiliates or sponsors and a lot of giveaways. I’ve decided to keep Pennywise less “commercial” and more in tune with the spirit of the carnival by not allowing these links anymore. There was nothing wrong with those of you who linked to them, I just think that it will protect the integrity of our carnival better without them. Plus, it makes our links valuable in the future as well. A link to a giveaway three months old isn’t going to be worth browsing in three months time, but a link to a recipe for a frugal soup would be. I will be deleting any giveaway links or promotional links.
2) Keep the ingredients “nourishing”, such as whole grains, meats, vegetables, legumes, unrefined salt and sugars, chicken, etc. I am not going to be an ingredient police every week, but if there is a link to a post that is obviously not filling any of the criteria for healthy (for example, a white flour, white sugar birthday cake), I will delete that link. However, feel free to post vegetarian, vegan, raw, low-carb ,paleo, vegan, etc.
3) Link back to the carnival This is common carnival courtesy. And more then that, it helps build the community of the carnival as you are sending your readers to others participating. And please, as a blogger, check out other’s posts and leave a comment as well! I know that we would all love to hear from each other.
I will be moderating all posts today as we have had too many not linking back to the carnival (this page), being off topic, or not following the above guidelines. 🙂 If your post is deleted, please just make sure you fulfill the guidelines above and try again! As always, I love your participation and links! Thanks!
Latest posts by KimiHarris (see all)
- 2 Ingredient Peppermint Bark - December 21, 2022
- Herbal Hibiscus Lemonade (Keto, THM) - March 16, 2022
- Creamy Curry Red Lentil Soup - December 8, 2021
Katie @ Riddlelove
Good morning! This week I’m sharing our Paleo Lemon Vanilla Bean Breakfast Cookie recipe. Thanks for hosting!
Courtney from "The Life & Food of Mrs.Curly Girl"
Hey everyone! Here’s a SUPER easy Butternut Squash Chili recipe I came up with while doing the Whole30 program! Enjoy 🙂
Dina-Marie @ Cultured Palate
Thanks for hosting again this week!
Today I shared Preparing Beef Heart and Heart Kebobs Recipe.
Have a great week!
This week I’ve shared my video on how to choose and cut a pineapple. I’ve found it to be a foolproof way to know when a pineapple is perfectly ripe. It’s the quickest and simplest method for cutting a pineapple. Thanks for hosting!
Jeanne & Abby
This week we’re sharing Coconut Chicken Nuggets … and still having trouble uploading images on Mr. Linky (argh!)
Thank you for hosting Kimi! I am sharing a favorite treat from my childhood. Simple, beautiful winter naval oranges, prepared in a special way. Enjoy!
Katie@ Nourishing Simplicity
Good afternoon Kimi! Here is my meatballs recipe that has liver hiding in it! 😉
Yum! So many delicious recipes!
thanks for hosting kimi! today i shared a cheaper but no less delicious way to eat more salmon. it can be pricey, and quality varies, but hopefully this’ll help folks on a budget with limited time and energy to prepare the dish as well! enjoy!
ooops, meant to call them Dijon Salmon Salad (on a gluten free cracker)—but instead it used my name!
Barb @ Frugal Local Kitchen
Good Morning! I loved your post about chicken drumsticks. It was a great reminder there are options out there for those of us on a budget.
This week, I shared my hot cocoa mix.
Hi! Just added my homemade cole slaw recipe, hope y’all enjoy! Thank you for hosting!
Oops….I must have filled out the Linky tool wrong. 🙁