Happy Valentine’s Day! I am sharing photos of our day on my Facebook page! Hope yours is great. 🙂
It’s time to share your frugal and nourishing tips and recipes! Where do you shop for quality food at a lower price? What recipe saves a penny? How do you balance a budget with nourishing food? Share here.
Please read through the three simple rules for those participating. This helps keep the quality of our carnival. Please read them through before linking and thanks again for your continued participation.
1) No linking to giveaways or promotions for affiliates or sponsors. One thing that I’ve noticed increasingly on Pennywise Platter is that I am getting more and more promotional pieces for affiliates or sponsors and a lot of giveaways. I’ve decided to keep Pennywise less “commercial” and more in tune with the spirit of the carnival by not allowing these links anymore. There was nothing wrong with those of you who linked to them, I just think that it will protect the integrity of our carnival better without them. Plus, it makes our links valuable in the future as well. A link to a giveaway three months old isn’t going to be worth browsing in three months time, but a link to a recipe for a frugal soup would be. I will be deleting any giveaway links or promotional links.
2) Keep the ingredients “nourishing”, such as whole grains, meats, vegetables, legumes, unrefined salt and sugars, chicken, etc. I am not going to be an ingredient police every week, but if there is a link to a post that is obviously not filling any of the criteria for healthy (for example, a white flour, white sugar birthday cake), I will delete that link. However, feel free to post vegetarian, vegan, raw, low-carb ,paleo, vegan, etc.
3) Link back to the carnival This is common carnival courtesy. And more then that, it helps build the community of the carnival as you are sending your readers to others participating. And please, as a blogger, check out other’s posts and leave a comment as well! I know that we would all love to hear from each other.
I will be moderating all posts today as we have had too many not linking back to the carnival (this page), being off topic, or not following the above guidelines. 🙂 If your post is deleted, please just make sure you fulfill the guidelines above and try again! As always, I love your participation and links! Thanks!
Latest posts by KimiHarris (see all)
- 2 Ingredient Peppermint Bark - December 21, 2022
- Herbal Hibiscus Lemonade (Keto, THM) - March 16, 2022
- Creamy Curry Red Lentil Soup - December 8, 2021
Hannah Healy @ Healy Real Food Vegetarian
I shared my Chocolate Walnut Honey Muffins. A perfect treat for valentine’s day!
Jennifer @ The Unrefined Kitchen
Hello! I left a recipe for grain-free No-Bake Cookies. The main ingredient is unsweetened shredded coconut. Enjoy!
Thanks for hosting Kimi! I’m adding my Healthy Andes Mints. Have a happy Valentine’s Day!
I posted a delicious Paleo recipe that is sure to please everyone.
Crispy Coconut Chicken. For some reason the thumbnail above is listing it as my name.
once again, you’re a great host kimi. i’m sharing dark chocolate covered frozen bananas and strawberries.
Dina-Marie @ Cultured Palate
Thanks for hosting!
Today I shared “Coconut Oil Chocolate Treats – Regular and Spicy” which are a good for you treat and a great way to get coconut oil into your diet!
Have a great week!
Courtney @ The Life and Food of Mrs Curly Girl
Hey y’all! I know I’m late in the game, but here’s my offering for this week! It’s a yummy recipe for Mushroom and Snap Pea Stir Fry!