It’s time to share your frugal and nourishing tips and recipes! Where do you shop for quality food at a lower price? What recipe saves a penny? How do you balance a budget with nourishing food? Share here.
Please read through the three simple rules for those participating. This helps keep the quality of our carnival. Please read them through before linking and thanks again for your continued participation.
1. No linking to giveaways or promotions for affiliates or sponsors. One thing that I’ve noticed increasingly on Pennywise Platter is that I am getting more and more promotional pieces for affiliates or sponsors and a lot of giveaways. I’ve decided to keep Pennywise less “commercial” and more in tune with the spirit of the carnival by not allowing these links anymore. There was nothing wrong with those of you who linked to them, I just think that it will protect the integrity of our carnival better without them. Plus, it makes our links valuable in the future as well. A link to a giveaway three months old isn’t going to be worth browsing in three months time, but a link to a recipe for a frugal soup would be. I will be deleting any giveaway links or promotional links.
2. Keep the ingredients “nourishing” such as whole grains, meats, vegetables, legumes, unrefined salt and sugars, chicken, etc. I am not going to be an ingredient police every week, but if there is a link to a post that is obviously not filling any of the criteria for healthy (for example, a white flour, white sugar birthday cake), I will delete that link. However, feel free to post vegetarian, vegan, raw, low-carb, paleo, etc.
3. Link back to the carnival. This is common carnival courtesy. And more then that, it helps build the community of the carnival as you are sending your readers to others participating. And please, as a blogger, check out other’s posts and leave a comment as well! I know that we would all love to hear from each other.
Please limit yourself to three entries each week, and also remember that we are concentrating on, although not entirely limited to, frugal and nourishing recipes. Thanks!
Latest posts by KimiHarris (see all)
- 2 Ingredient Peppermint Bark - December 21, 2022
- Herbal Hibiscus Lemonade (Keto, THM) - March 16, 2022
- Creamy Curry Red Lentil Soup - December 8, 2021
Thanks again for hosting! My first time as #1!
Erin Ter Beest @ Natural Wonderer
Thank you for hosting Pennywise Platter! I’m sharing a link about some of the “health”foods we hear about today that should be avoided. (And by avoiding them we can save money!)
I like the new blog design. And I am so glad that you continue to to host Pennywise Platter each week!
Dr. Jennifer Weinberg, MD, MPH, MBE @ www.JenniferWeinbergMD.com
Thank you for hosting this link-up! I am sharing my Recharge Energy Green Soup today. It is a great way to pack in the greens in a delicious, simple way!
I can’t see any links at all in any of the Pennywise Platter posts. It just ends after the “Please limit yourself to three blog entries…” paragraph.
Kimi, is there something special I have to do to see the links to the post? On older posts there is a link at the end to click over and see them. The newer posts just have a Mister Linky platinum “upgrade” link where you must register and pay. Am I missing something?