Sorry for not having Pennywise Platter Thursday last week! Aria Sono Harris was keeping me a little preoccupied. 🙂 And if you haven’t checked out my last two posts yet, check them out: Nourishing Appetizers and 3 Tips for Investing in Plastic Free Items.
It’s time to share your frugal and nourishing tips and recipes! Where do you shop for quality food at a lower price? What recipe saves a penny? How do you balance a budget with nourishing food? Share here.
Please read through the three simple rules for those participating. This helps keep the quality of our carnival. Please read them through before linking and thanks again for your continued participation.
1) No linking to giveaways or promotions for affiliates or sponsors. One thing that I’ve noticed increasingly on Pennywise Platter is that I am getting more and more promotional pieces for affiliates or sponsors and a lot of giveaways. I’ve decided to keep Pennywise less “commercial” and more in tune with the spirit of the carnival by not allowing these links anymore. There was nothing wrong with those of you who linked to them, I just think that it will protect the integrity of our carnival better without them. Plus, it makes our links valuable in the future as well. A link to a giveaway three months old isn’t going to be worth browsing in three months time, but a link to a recipe for a frugal soup would be. I will be deleting any giveaway links or promotional links.
2) Keep the ingredients “nourishing”, such as whole grains, meats, vegetables, legumes, unrefined salt and sugars, chicken, etc. I am not going to be an ingredient police every week, but if there is a link to a post that is obviously not filling any of the criteria for healthy (for example, a white flour, white sugar birthday cake), I will delete that link. However, feel free to post vegetarian, vegan, raw, low-carb, etc.
3) Link back to the carnival This is common carnival courtesy. And more then that, it helps build the community of the carnival as you are sending your readers to others participating. And please, as a blogger, check out other’s posts and leave a comment! I know that we would all love to hear from each other.
How to link up to your post? Read below.
Using the Mr. Linky, link back to your specific post, not just your blog.
Example of Format
Your Name: Kimi @ The Nourishing Gourmet (6 Tips for Eating Frugally)
Latest posts by KimiHarris (see all)
- 2 Ingredient Peppermint Bark - December 21, 2022
- Herbal Hibiscus Lemonade (Keto, THM) - March 16, 2022
- Creamy Curry Red Lentil Soup - December 8, 2021
Wow, you just had a baby and you blog. You are amazing! Actually, I think I’m more connected via internet right after I have a baby. Nursing time=internet time. 🙂 Thanks for hosting!
Hope your family is well and happily bonding with your new addition 🙂
With the holiday season just around the corner, I’m sharing an easy, economical, and slightly unusual gift – vanilla salt. It can add a fun twist to lots of dishes.
I hope you enjoy my “Raw Pecan Pie Power Bar”. It tastes SO much like pecan pie. Nourishing, simple and tasty. Thank you Kimi!
These “granola” bars are quick to make, using what you have on hand, and require no baking at all! Life giving nutrients are left intact, and are great to have on hand for the kiddos!
Can’t wait to try these recipes! They all sound so good. Thanks for sharing!
Taking care of a new baby is more important than anything else. You can blog anytime, she only grows up once! Congratulations and thanks for hosting!!
Kimi, I very much enjoy your blog and have loved the Thursday carnival for all of the great ideas. Lots of good looking stuff today!
Your new little girl is precious. Congratulations.
Have a delightful time with your precious girls! Thank you for hosting again this week!!
Hi. I’m a new blogger and am loving finding all these great blogs! Who knew? This is completely delightful, and I can’t wait to try some of these recipes and techniques! Thanks everyone, and I hope I linked properly! PS Congrats on your precious little one!
I posted a recipe for grain free, dairy free, refined sugar free Apple Pie! So delicious!
Thanks for hosting!
Dana @ Budget Dietitian
I posted a recipe for Greek Salad which is one of our family’s favorite vegetarian meals. Congrats on that pretty baby!! Hope you are getting some sleep.
I also wanted to say that I am new to your blog (and a brand new blogger myself) and I LOVE it. Keep up the great work!
I posted my chicken soup x 2 recipe. It is very yummy and satisfying, great for the cold days ahead! Thanks for hosting 🙂
Jen @ Miss Organic's Kitchen
I just wanted to say congratulations on the new baby. She is adorable.
Thanks for hosting this each week. I have tried so many wonderful recipes from this carnival.
No recipe this week, but exciting news!