Please join me next Tuesday in a fun extra carnival showcasing Holiday side dishes!
It’s time to share your frugal and nourishing tips and recipes! Where do you shop for quality food at a lower price? What recipe saves a penny? How do you balance a budget with nourishing food? Share here.
Please read through the three simple rules for those participating. This helps keep the quality of our carnival. Please read them through before linking and thanks again for your continued participation.
1) No linking to giveaways or promotions for affiliates or sponsors. One thing that I’ve noticed increasingly on Pennywise Platter is that I am getting more and more promotional pieces for affiliates or sponsors and a lot of giveaways. I’ve decided to keep Pennywise less “commercial” and more in tune with the spirit of the carnival by not allowing these links anymore. There was nothing wrong with those of you who linked to them, I just think that it will protect the integrity of our carnival better without them. Plus, it makes our links valuable in the future as well. A link to a giveaway three months old isn’t going to be worth browsing in three months time, but a link to a recipe for a frugal soup would be. I will be deleting any giveaway links or promotional links.
2) Keep the ingredients “nourishing”, such as whole grains, meats, vegetables, legumes, unrefined salt and sugars, chicken, etc. I am not going to be an ingredient police every week, but if there is a link to a post that is obviously not filling any of the criteria for healthy (for example, a white flour, white sugar birthday cake), I will delete that link. However, feel free to post vegetarian, vegan, raw, low-carb, etc.
3) Link back to the carnival This is common carnival courtesy. And more then that, it helps build the community of the carnival as you are sending your readers to others participating. And please, as a blogger, check out other’s posts and leave a comment! I know that we would all love to hear from each other.
How to link up to your post? Read below.
Using the Mr. Linky, link back to your specific post, not just your blog.
Example of Format
Your Name: Kimi @ The Nourishing Gourmet (6 Tips for Eating Frugally)
Your URL: https://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/6tips
Latest posts by KimiHarris (see all)
- 2 Ingredient Peppermint Bark - December 21, 2022
- Herbal Hibiscus Lemonade (Keto, THM) - March 16, 2022
- Creamy Curry Red Lentil Soup - December 8, 2021
Wendy (The Local Cook)
Thank you so much for hosting!
I hope you’re enjoying some well-deserved maternity leave. Blessings to your sweet fam! 🙂
The other morning my daughter started cutting fun shapes for her “Egg in a Hole” breakfast.
It was so fun and easy that I wanted to share with everyone how to do it. I really appreciate you hosting this great recipe carnival.
I hope you are all doing well Kimi! Here’s a yummy, simple soup. Blessings!
Thanks again for hosting, and good health to you and yours! He’s a simple treat – hot cocoa made from dried milk – and whipped cream!
Today I’m sharing my new favorite (for now) way to eat veggies: roasted brussels sprouts, squash, and cranberries. Looking forward to the delights everyone else is sharing today!
Thanks for hosting! Hope you and baby are well…I shared a simple side: Garlic Mashed Potatoes.
As always thanks for hosting. I am linking up with a Slow Cooker Ham and Cabbage Soup.
This is my first time posting a link to my blog! It’s for a very simple soup but we just love the combo of flavors and eat it all the time, winter or summer.
Just found you! Linked up my soup recipe & subscribed!
Kimi I hope you’re having a great time with the new baby. I wanted to share a brand new Thursday post “Do You Dutch Oven?” every week dedicated to outdoor cooking. Thanks for hosting!!
Dana @ Budget Dietitian
Kimi, hope you are getting rest!
All the recipes sound great. Definately going to take a minute and check them out.
Kimi– Just a heads up. When clicking on #26 of the list (Sourdough Pumpkin Bread) my computer is overtaken with a bug of some sort. I had to restart my computer, try to get back to the recipe, only to have it happen again. My hubby will have to troubleshoot my computer when he gets home, as the error pages will not leave. I do have Norton. Just thought I’d worn you. Thanks,
Thanks for letting us know! It’s coconut mama’s blog and it must have gotten affected with a virus of some type. I wish I had her email to let her know……..