Yesterday, Elena and I made these cute little gingerbread look-a-like cinnamon ornaments. The main ingredient is cinnamon, making them smell delicious. The dough takes less than five minutes to put together, and then you just need to roll it out and cut into desired shapes.
It was a fun project for us. They are still drying out, but they should be dried soon, and then she has grand plans for decorating with them. I thought that meanwhile, I should share the recipe with you.
The only expensive part of the project is the cinnamon powder. I would recommend picking up some cheap stuff in bulk, if possible. We used our gingerbread man cookie cutter, but I think that a leaf cookie cutter for fall, or a star cookie cutter for Christmas would also be nice. Or perhaps even a turkey cookie cutter for Thanksgiving!
Homemade Cinnamon Ornaments
- 1/2 cup of powered cinnamon
2 teaspoon powdered cloves
6 tablespoons of applesauce
1 tablespoon of white glue
1. Combine the above ingredients, stirring until stiff, then kneading a bit with your hands.
2. On a well dusted surface, roll out 1/4 inch thick. Cut with cookie cutters. Place on a cooling rack until completely dry (2-3 days). If you are planning on hanging the ornaments, make sure you poke a hole somewhere before you dry.
Latest posts by KimiHarris (see all)
- Tender Instant Pot Carnitas (shredded pork for tacos) - April 15, 2021
- Simple Mexican Coleslaw - April 8, 2021
- Cassava Egg Noodles - January 14, 2021