Rich and ultra creamy, drinkable chocolate is a delicately sweetened hot chocolate that is richer and with a higher chocolate content than many hot chocolate recipes. It’s the perfect way to enjoy high quality chocolate. It’s a simple method, and it allows the pure flavor of superior chocolate to shine. I’m a fan! It’s the type of drink you get a some of the nicest chocolate stores around here, but it’s so easy to make at home (and cheaper too!).
I used a Guittard semisweet baking chocolate, which is a very high quality and lovely chocolate to work with. (And, it uses sunflower lecithin which is a great boon to those sensitive to soy.) Sooo delicious! You can see if you can get some locally, but you can get the chocolate chips online (Guittard Dark Chocolate Chips). Any favorite dairy-free chocolate will do nicely in this recipe.
To serve, top with coconut whipping cream and shave a little chocolate over the top. Yum!
- 1 ounce of high quality dark or semisweet chocolate, chopped, or 1 ounce chocolate chips (about 3 tablespoons of chocolate chips)
- 1 cup of milk of choice (I used ½ cup each of water and full fat canned coconut milk), other options: almond milk, homemade coconut milk, or whole milk
- Toppings: Shaved chocolate and
- whipped cream
- Heat milk until almost simmering.
- Take off of the heat and added chopped chocolate. Let sit for three minutes
- Put back on the warm burner, and whisk until very smooth and the chocolate is all melted (if it’s not hot enough to your taste, go ahead and turn the burner on low and reheat until it has reached desired temperature).
- Top with coconut whipped cream and finely grated chocolate, if desired and enjoy
This post may contain affiliate links. Thanks for supporting this blog! And thanks to Fair Trade USA for sponsoring this giveaway.
Latest posts by KimiHarris (see all)
- Tender Instant Pot Carnitas (shredded pork for tacos) - April 15, 2021
- Simple Mexican Coleslaw - April 8, 2021
- Cassava Egg Noodles - January 14, 2021