(Argument by Sue R B)
My week of working on my blog continues! I’ve finally gotten around to making a comment policy. I have such wonderful (as well as knowledgeable) readers that I really haven’t had a need for one until recently. In a nutshell, please continue to leave your thoughts, questions and recipe issues in the comment section! They are so valuable. Just do so without name calling or rudeness. Here’s the full info.
I have always loved receiving comments from readers here at The Nourishing Gourmet. I find that many of my readers enrich a topic by sharing their own personal experience and expertise and I think that’s so important. Sure, this is my blog where I share my ideas and thoughts, but I am just one person. It’s valuable to hear from you all. I learn from my readers too! I especially love how those experienced in an area will provide help to other reader’s questions. So valuable and helpful! Thank you!
To continue to keep a safe place for us to share, I’ve realized I need to come up with some type of comment policy. Because this blog often discusses different health food topics, people can get a little religiously heated about their own personal beliefs on what is good for you and what’s not. I’ve rarely had a problem with anyone commenting and welcome discussions of differing views, but recently there have been a few people who have made me realize a need for a comment policy. So here it is!
1) Disagree with an opinion I am expressing? Feel free to leave a comment explaining why. I think that it’s often helpful to hear other sides and different opinions. It can enrich all of us to hear from each other.
2) However, all comments should be made with courtesy towards others. I find that the realm of “health” and “food” can attract fanatic opinions, which, when crossed, can cause a heated reaction. I love discussions. But what I don’t like is comments making attacks on people (or me), name calling, or just being plain rude. Because I am a busy women who doesn’t have time to “deal” with rude comments all the time, I will sometimes choose not to post a comment which is unreasonably rude. This rarely happens (I’ve probably done this a total of three times). So, if you feel you have something important to add, please keep your words kind.
3) Your comment wasn’t published, what happened? Like I said, I very rarely won’t post a comment because I consider it offensive or too rude. Most likely my site malfunctioned, as it has been recently. Sometimes I will click on a comment to “publish” it, and it won’t for some reason. If your comment didn’t go through, please feel free to leave a second one. I apologize for the first comment not going through.
4) Having trouble with a recipe or just have questions? Please feel free to leave a comment saying whether you liked or disliked a recipe, or explaining a problem you had, or just a question. Even if I don’t get around to answering it, often other readers will jump in to help!
Latest posts by KimiHarris (see all)
- Tender Instant Pot Carnitas (shredded pork for tacos) - April 15, 2021
- Simple Mexican Coleslaw - April 8, 2021
- Cassava Egg Noodles - January 14, 2021