It’s time to share your frugal and nourishing tips and recipes! Where do you shop for quality food at a lower price? What recipe saves a penny? How do you balance a budget with nourishing food? Share here.
Please read through the three simple rules for those participating. This helps keep the quality of our carnival. Please read them through before linking and thanks again for your continued participation.
1) No linking to giveaways or promotions for affiliates or sponsors. One thing that I’ve noticed increasingly on Pennywise Platter is that I am getting more and more promotional pieces for affiliates or sponsors and a lot of giveaways. I’ve decided to keep Pennywise less “commercial” and more in tune with the spirit of the carnival by not allowing these links anymore. There was nothing wrong with those of you who linked to them, I just think that it will protect the integrity of our carnival better without them. Plus, it makes our links valuable in the future as well. A link to a giveaway three months old isn’t going to be worth browsing in three months time, but a link to a recipe for a frugal soup would be. I will be deleting any giveaway links or promotional links.
2) Keep the ingredients “nourishing”, such as whole grains, meats, vegetables, legumes, unrefined salt and sugars, chicken, etc. I am not going to be an ingredient police every week, but if there is a link to a post that is obviously not filling any of the criteria for healthy (for example, a white flour, white sugar birthday cake), I will delete that link. However, feel free to post vegetarian, vegan, raw, low-carb, paleo, etc.
3) Link back to the carnival This is common carnival courtesy. And more then that, it helps build the community of the carnival as you are sending your readers to others participating. And please, as a blogger, check out other’s posts and leave a comment as well! I know that we would all love to hear from each other.
Latest posts by KimiHarris (see all)
- 2 Ingredient Peppermint Bark - December 21, 2022
- Herbal Hibiscus Lemonade (Keto, THM) - March 16, 2022
- Creamy Curry Red Lentil Soup - December 8, 2021
Adrienne @ Whole New Mom
I am Adrienne’s son, and I do linkups for her. I accidentally shared a giveaway. Sorry about that.
I deleted it for you. 🙂
Stacy @ Stacy Makes Cents
Thanks so much for hosting! Have a happy and blessed new year!
Today I shared some tips for preventing winter illnesses.
Hi Kimi. Blessings this New Year, and thank you for hosting!
I’m disappointed that most of the links to Pennywise Platter are not in fact frugal recipes but posts about essential oils, illness, and invitation to eliminate wheat from the diet. I have come to appreciate the Pennywise Platter for inexpensive meal ideas for my large family. Today it is not so. 4 links that with share an actual meal and a few more that are desserts out of 19 links aren’t great odds. I hope the links go back to more typical recipes in the New Year.