It’s time to share your frugal and nourishing tips and recipes! Where do you shop for quality food at a lower price? What recipe saves a penny? How do you balance a budget with nourishing food? Share here.
Please read through the three simple rules for those participating. This helps keep the quality of our carnival. Please read them through before linking and thanks again for your continued participation.
1) No linking to giveaways or promotions for affiliates or sponsors. One thing that I’ve noticed increasingly on Pennywise Platter is that I am getting more and more promotional pieces for affiliates or sponsors and a lot of giveaways. I’ve decided to keep Pennywise less “commercial” and more in tune with the spirit of the carnival by not allowing these links anymore. There was nothing wrong with those of you who linked to them, I just think that it will protect the integrity of our carnival better without them. Plus, it makes our links valuable in the future as well. A link to a giveaway three months old isn’t going to be worth browsing in three months time, but a link to a recipe for a frugal soup would be. I will be deleting any giveaway links or promotional links.
2) Keep the ingredients “nourishing”, such as whole grains, meats, vegetables, legumes, unrefined salt and sugars, chicken, etc. I am not going to be an ingredient police every week, but if there is a link to a post that is obviously not filling any of the criteria for healthy (for example, a white flour, white sugar birthday cake), I will delete that link. However, feel free to post vegetarian, vegan, raw, low-carb, paleo, etc.
3) Link back to the carnival This is common carnival courtesy. And more then that, it helps build the community of the carnival as you are sending your readers to others participating. And please, as a blogger, check out other’s posts and leave a comment as well! I know that we would all love to hear from each other.
Latest posts by KimiHarris (see all)
- 2 Ingredient Peppermint Bark - December 21, 2022
- Herbal Hibiscus Lemonade (Keto, THM) - March 16, 2022
- Creamy Curry Red Lentil Soup - December 8, 2021
Sonja @ practical-stewardship.com
Hi Kimi, On my end I am seeing HTML and no link. Sorry.
Sorry about that! It’s fixed now!
Megan | Allergy Free Alaska
Yep, same on my end – I’m just seeing html and no link.
Emily @ Recipes to Nourish
Thanks so much for hosting! I shared my Homemade Breakfast Sausage Seasoning recipe and my Homemade Maple Apple Chicken Breakfast Sausage recipe. The seasoning is so delicious and so much better than store bought versions. They’re both so simple to make and great to make ahead to have ready for the week. Thanks again.
Katie @Nourishing Simplicity
Thanks for hosting Kimi! I can’t even remember the last time I linked up!
Marianne @ Ragdoll Kitchen
Thank you so much for hosting 🙂 I shared my Soaked Whole Grain Flatbread. Full of seeds and grains.