We have a busy Christmas weekend ahead of us. But still, I am finding quiet moments (made better with a cup of Coconut Ginger Apple Cider!) to read. Here are some of the things I am reading this week! Everything from recipes for pumpkin fudge, to interesting research on whether the glycemic index is really a valid tool for better health.
Questioning Good Carbs/Bad Carbs Idea: If you are eating a healthy diet, do you need to worry about the glycemic index? This study says no, and that in fact, it would make your insulin sensitivity worse!
“When the overall amount of carb intake was lowered, cardiovascular risk factors like cholesterol, triglycerides and blood pressure moved in the right direction. But when two diets had similar amounts of carbs and calories, the low glycemic approach did not improve insulin sensitivity, cholesterol or blood pressure levels.”
How exercise changes our health: The answer may be in our DNA
Deadly Apples: five deaths so far have been linked to packaged caramel apples, and CDC advises that people stop eating any packaged caramel apples until they discover the source. Make your own instead!
Why low-fat dairy isn’t healthy: Think you are making a healthy choice? Think again.
Here are some lovely holiday worthy recipes I found on Pinterest this week. (You can follow me here).
- Grain Free Pumpkin Pie Snowball Cookies
- Chocolate Pumpkin Pecan Fudge
- Paleo Chicken Pot Pie
- Cheesy Baked Cauliflower “Tots”
- Brussels Sprout Sliders (super, super cute, and healthy too! I want to make this idea with mini little hamburgers).
Latest posts by KimiHarris (see all)
- 2 Ingredient Peppermint Bark - December 21, 2022
- Herbal Hibiscus Lemonade (Keto, THM) - March 16, 2022
- Creamy Curry Red Lentil Soup - December 8, 2021
Grace @ FoodFitnessFreshAir
Thanks for the mention! Love those sliders. Happy holidays!
You are so welcome, Grace!