It’s time to share your frugal and nourishing tips and recipes! Where do you shop for quality food at a lower price? What recipe saves a penny? How do you balance a budget with nourishing food? Share here.
Please read through the three simple rules for those participating. This helps keep the quality of our carnival. Please read them through before linking and thanks again for your continued participation.
1) No linking to giveaways or promotions for affiliates or sponsors. One thing that I’ve noticed increasingly on Pennywise Platter is that I am getting more and more promotional pieces for affiliates or sponsors and a lot of giveaways. I’ve decided to keep Pennywise less “commercial” and more in tune with the spirit of the carnival by not allowing these links anymore. There was nothing wrong with those of you who linked to them, I just think that it will protect the integrity of our carnival better without them. Plus, it makes our links valuable in the future as well. A link to a giveaway three months old isn’t going to be worth browsing in three months time, but a link to a recipe for a frugal soup would be. I will be deleting any giveaway links or promotional links.
2) Keep the ingredients “nourishing”, such as whole grains, meats, vegetables, legumes, unrefined salt and sugars, chicken, etc. I am not going to be an ingredient police every week, but if there is a link to a post that is obviously not filling any of the criteria for healthy (for example, a white flour, white sugar birthday cake), I will delete that link. However, feel free to post vegetarian, vegan, raw, low-carb ,paleo, vegan, etc.
3) Link back to the carnival This is common carnival courtesy. And more then that, it helps build the community of the carnival as you are sending your readers to others participating. And please, as a blogger, check out other’s posts and leave a comment as well! I know that we would all love to hear from each other.
Latest posts by KimiHarris (see all)
- 2 Ingredient Peppermint Bark - December 21, 2022
- Herbal Hibiscus Lemonade (Keto, THM) - March 16, 2022
- Creamy Curry Red Lentil Soup - December 8, 2021
Thank you for hosting! My linky was supposed to be names “Deconstructed Chicken Kabobs”, oops! Not sure how to fix that?
Jeanne & Abby
Yes, there’s real food at Costco!
Please stop by my blog today for a recipe for fresh avocado pesto and a giveaway.
Kathy @ Granny's Vital Vittles
Thanks for hosting Kimi! This week’s task is a pretty exciting one in The Granny Plan … We’re starting up a real food project! I’m sharing info on beef tallow as well.
Lisa @ HappyinDoleValley
Sharing our simple yet delicious ham and bean soup. Somehow the photo didn’t work, so all you can see is that green and yellow avatar…just imagine a picture of a yummy bowl of soup… Mmmm. Thanks for hosting! ~Lisa
Swirls and Spice
I can actually see the picture now. Power of positive thinking? =)
Happy Thursday! I shared my recipe for Amaretto Apple Pancakes. This recipe is gluten free, but can be made using “normal” ingredients if you don’t have issues with gluten.
Thanks for hosting!
Swirls and Spice
Thanks for hosting my favorite carnival of the week. I’m sharing two recipes this time; both the soup and the curry work well for lunch or dinner.
Melissa @ RealFoodEater
sharing my hubby’s homemade pancake recipe!
Tiffany @ DontWastetheCrumbs
How do you know if your olive oil is pure? Are you sure it hasn’t been watered down with a cheaper vegetable oil? There’s only one way to tell (and the label has nothing to do with it). I shared a simple two-step process for determining the purity of your olive oil. I also shared a how-to guide for buying, storing and cooking with olive oil… get that oil off the counter and away from the stove!
Thanks for hosting.
This week I’m sharing recipes for Easy Thai Peanut Dipping Sauce and Gluten Free Chili Seasoning Mix. Plus a Tutorial on How To Soak And Cook Dried Beans
Have a great week!
Thanks for allowing me to share my recipe for Dandelion Soda! I look forward to reading everyone’s posts.
GiGi Eats Celebrities
Did you know that SAFFRON has an innumerable amount of health benefits?! 🙂
Thanks again for hosting! I look forward to this page every week.
I posted my new favorite soup
A delicious meal that is faster than drive through!