By Madey Edlin, Contributing Writer
What could be more festive then a classic bon bon? Of course updated with wholesome ingredients. Super easy to make, and they melt in your mouth. These little guys will have you coming back for more every time. Dark chocolate encapsulates perfectly indulgent peanut butter. Coconut oil makes peanut butter super creamy, while a little honey sweetens it just enough. Besides what could be better then the classic combination of peanut butter and chocolate?
- ½ cup natural peanut butter (I used the kind you grind yourself in the grocery store)
- ¼ cup coconut oil + 2 tablespoons (divided)
- 3 tablespoons honey
- ½ cup dark chocolate, chopped
- Beat together peanut butter, ¼ cup coconut oil, and honey together in a small bowl. Scoop small teaspoon sized and roll into a ball, place on parchment paper and freeze for about 5 minutes (the balls won't be perfect, and the batter will be kinda soupy). After 5 minutes take out the balls and roll once again to form a better shape.
- Melt the chocolate and remaining 2 tablespoons coconut oil over low heat. Stirring consistently. Place another piece of parchment paper on the counter. One at a time drop the peanut butter balls into the melted chocolate, use a spoon to roll and coat them completely. Place on the parchment paper. Repeat again will all of the peanut balls. Chill until solid, and ready to serve.
Latest posts by Madey Edlin (see all)
- Bon Bons (Grain Free and Naturally Sweetened and Dairy Free) - December 12, 2013
- Apple Clafoutis (Grain-free & Naturally Sweetened) - November 15, 2013