Last week I shared how to do a holiday meal on a budget. This week I thought I’d concentrate on one aspect – using those leftovers well! I have always liked Thanksgiving leftovers just as much as the actual Thanksgiving meal, but if you get tired of just reheating, here are some really fun ways to mix things up.
1. Pilgrim Sandwich was a favorite of mine growing up: Leftover turkey, leftover cranberry sauce, cream cheese (or butter, or some type of creamy spread), lettuce, and a tomato slice. Perfect for a quick lunch.
2. I asked my Facebook page followers for ideas and got some great ones! Rachel shared the idea of making Turkey “burrito bowls” with the leftover turkey. What a great idea! If you don’t know what a burrito bowl is, this is my quinoa burrito bowl to give you an idea.
3. Vicky shared the idea of making turkey enchiladas using the leftovers. This recipe from Simple Recipes sounds great and would also use some turkey broth as well.
4. This nourishing Yam and Turkey Hash makes great use of several common leftover items.
5. Simple Turkey and Rice Soup is a favorite for both children and adults.
6. Leftover Turkey Soup (with potatoes) is another great rendition of an old fashioned favorite.
7. Another personal favorite would be a turkey pot pie, which is pure comfort food in my opinion. This is a great basic recipe here that actually uses leftover gravy as well as the turkey! (and you could use the gluten-free crust from this recipe for a gluten-free crust).
I’d love to hear your ideas too!
Latest posts by KimiHarris (see all)
- How to Make Whipped Dalgona Coffee with Mushroom Coffee Option - April 10, 2020
- Making a Beautiful Pancake Charcuterie Board - April 10, 2020
- Why I’m Spatchcocking My Turkey This Year - November 26, 2019