It’s time to share your frugal and nourishing tips and recipes! Where do you shop for quality food at a lower price? What recipe saves a penny? How do you balance a budget with nourishing food? Share here.
Please read through the three simple rules for those participating. This helps keep the quality of our carnival. Please read them through before linking and thanks again for your continued participation.
1) No linking to giveaways or promotions for affiliates or sponsors. One thing that I’ve noticed increasingly on Pennywise Platter is that I am getting more and more promotional pieces for affiliates or sponsors and a lot of giveaways. I’ve decided to keep Pennywise less “commercial” and more in tune with the spirit of the carnival by not allowing these links anymore. There was nothing wrong with those of you who linked to them, I just think that it will protect the integrity of our carnival better without them. Plus, it makes our links valuable in the future as well. A link to a giveaway three months old isn’t going to be worth browsing in three months time, but a link to a recipe for a frugal soup would be. I will be deleting any giveaway links or promotional links.
2) Keep the ingredients “nourishing”, such as whole grains, meats, vegetables, legumes, unrefined salt and sugars, chicken, etc. I am not going to be an ingredient police every week, but if there is a link to a post that is obviously not filling any of the criteria for healthy (for example, a white flour, white sugar birthday cake), I will delete that link. However, feel free to post vegetarian, vegan, raw, low-carb, etc.
3) Link back to the carnival This is common carnival courtesy. And more then that, it helps build the community of the carnival as you are sending your readers to others participating. And please, as a blogger, check out other’s posts and leave a comment! I know that we would all love to hear from each other.
I am trying out another type of widget that uses thumbnail pictures. Let me know what you think of this one. Hopefully this ones works for us!
Latest posts by KimiHarris (see all)
- How to Make Whipped Dalgona Coffee with Mushroom Coffee Option - April 10, 2020
- Making a Beautiful Pancake Charcuterie Board - April 10, 2020
- Why I’m Spatchcocking My Turkey This Year - November 26, 2019