Rich creamy vanilla ice cream that’s dairy free too! This 3 ingredient ice cream couldn’t be simpler, and is perfect for topping cobblers, brownies, pies, and other desserts. Use it to make a dairy free kombucha float or sparkling cider float. Or enjoy it with chocolate syrup or caramel sauce. I love vanilla ice cream because there are so many different ways to enjoy it!
My two versions of chocolate coconut milk ice cream (here and here) have been a big hit on this blog. I thought it was time to post a vanilla version as well. Since you don’t have the strong chocolate flavor, the coconut milk flavor will shine through more in this recipe, but it still has that delicious creamy texture that makes this dairy free treat something anyone can enjoy. Coconut milk definitely makes the best dairy free ice cream out there. It’s just as good as a dairy based ice cream.
I love how simple it is to make too! Only three ingredients – coconut milk, honey and vanilla, it’s one of the easiest and quickest recipes to throw together. It’s a great dessert to make when you are busy. You can experiment with different sweeteners in this recipe like pure maple syrup or coconut sugar too. I choose to use a mild raw local honey. I personally think that it gives the ice cream an almost “marshmallow” flavor.
I’ve mentioned it before, but our ice cream maker has been one of the best “extra” kitchen equipment we’ve owned! We love being able to make our own, naturally sweetened ice cream. I definitely recommend that you get an ice cream maker that doesn’t need the use of ice as it makes the process so much easier and less messy.
Notes on ingredients and equipment:
- I own a Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker and love it!
- I’ve started using Aroy-D Coconut Cream because it has a lovely taste and no “gums” added to it.
OTHER COCONUT MILK ICE CREAM RECIPES:
- Double Chocolate Cookie Dough Ice Cream
- Chai Coconut Milk Ice Cream
- Mexican Chocolate Ice Cream
- Vanilla Coconut Milk Ice Cream
- Apple Cinnamon Ice Cream with Salted Caramel Sauce (coconut milk option)
- Strawberry Coconut Ice Cream
- Chocolate Coconut Milk Ice Cream
Vanilla Coconut Milk Ice Cream
- 2, 14-ounce cans of full fat coconut milk or 3.5 cups of coconut milk or cream
- 1/3-1/2 cup of honey or sweetener of choice (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
1. Combine the ingredients, whisking to get the honey to combine with the coconut milk, or simply blend in a blender.
2. Make into ice cream according to the directions on your ice cream maker.
3. You can serve as a soft serve right away, or ripen in the freezer for a few hours and serve.
Notes: Will last a week or two in the freezer. I like to use an alcohol based vanilla extract as it seems to help keep the ice cream from getting as hard. If left overnight or longer in the freezer, leave out at room temperature for about 15 minutes to soften.
- 2 14 ounce cans of full fat coconut milk or 3.5 cups of coconut milk or cream
- ⅓-1/2 cup of honey or sweetener of choice (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- Combine the ingredients, whisking to get the honey to combine with the coconut milk, or simply blend in a blender.
- Make into ice cream according to the directions on your ice cream maker.
- You can serve as a soft serve right away, or ripen in the freezer for a few hours and serve.
Affiliate Disclaimer: Some links above may be affiliate links. Items bought through affiliate links cost you nothing extra, but help support this blog! Thank you for supporting the work here!
Latest posts by KimiHarris (see all)
- An Honest Review of “Detox” Baths - March 14, 2018
- Lemon Apple or Raspberry Banana Green Monster Smoothie (and 5 Reasons to Drink Green Smoothies) - March 6, 2018
- Turmeric Bombs (for Golden Milk and Golden Sipping Broth) - February 16, 2018