Thank you everyone for the beautiful thoughts and prayers and suggestions in my last post! You are appreciated.
The other day I was craving some mini poppyseed muffins my mom used to make for us growing up. They were cute bite sized muffins filled with poppyseeds with a lemon flare, a delightful combination. I was making dinner for our extended family that night, and so decided to make a healthier version to share with the crowd. Let’s just say that the 24 mini muffins disappeared quickly, despite the fact that they were made with fiber rich coconut flour! Because they are high in fiber (and protein from the eggs), they are pretty filling too. Altogether, I thought they were a success and am looking forward to making them again.
Lemon Poppyseed Mini Mufffins
I’ve found that mini muffin tins vary a lot in size. How many this recipe makes and how long it takes to cook will vary. It made over 24 muffins for us.
- 1 1/4 cup of coconut flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 tablespoons of poppyseeds
1/3 cup coconut oil
1/3 cup honey
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup water
6 eggs, whisked
1) Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and butter or paper mini muffin tins. I papered mine so I didn’t have to worry about them sticking.
2)In a medium sized bowl combine the coconut flour, salt and baking soda and whisk out any lumps. Stir in the poppyseeds
3)Gently melt the coconut oil and honey until liquifed. Add this to the dry ingredients with the lemon juice, water, and whisked eggs. Whisk together thoroughly. It will be thin batter.
4)Spoon into the muffins tin and bake until lightly browned. Mine took about 20-25 minutes. Cool and enjoy!
Latest posts by KimiHarris (see all)
- Why I’m Spatchcocking My Turkey This Year - November 26, 2019
- Autumn Roasted Vegetables (with Sweet Potatoes, Cabbage, Squash, Cranberries, and Potatoes) - November 19, 2019
- How Illness Changed How I Viewed Food - October 2, 2019