Sometimes I feel very uncreative in gift giving. Maybe I use up all of my creative juices in the kitchen creating recipes. So when I do think of a nourishing gift idea, it makes me feel excited…excited enough to share with you all! This gift idea is simple. I called it “Nature’s Candy Box” which is best given to a like minded “health nut”. We find in nature amble sweet things that are also full of nutrients and fiber (unlike refined sweeteners that just have the “sweet” with none of the good stuff). This candy box utilizes naturally sweet foods. I made two of these to give to some dear people who helped me with my blog recently. It was a small gesture of thanks for how much they helped me! Thanks guys!
I will get more into the content of this delicious candy box in a second, but please, if you live in Ohio or know people who do and you love nourishing foods, please vote NO on proposal 2!! Kelly had a brief post talking about the issues surrounding this proposal here. This is a very important issue, so talk to any family or friends who live there too!
Nature’s Candy Box
First, I found these adorable wooden “gift boxes” at New Seasons Market. So cute. They made my candy “box”. You could also use tins, new Chinese take out boxes, or papered little kid shoe boxes. I then placed tissue paper in the box to both protect the box from spills and make it seem “fancier” and then small muffin papers to hold the candy.
These is what I put in my candy box.
- Homemade chocolate covered Brazil Nuts (which-don’t be surprised-are made the same way as the macadamia nuts).
- Organic dried fruit, like pears, figs, and coconut date
- Chocolate Covered Anything is generally a hit-nuts are an obvious choice, but chocolate dipped dried fruit would be good too.
- Homemade, Healthier Fudge is a great candy gift!
So, does anyone else have nourishing gift ideas to share? I would love to hear them.
Latest posts by KimiHarris (see all)
- Autumn Roasted Vegetables (with Sweet Potatoes, Cabbage, Squash, Cranberries, and Potatoes) - November 19, 2019
- How Illness Changed How I Viewed Food - October 2, 2019
- Roasted Frozen Broccoli - September 11, 2019