I’m so pleased to have a guest post by Kari from the beautiful GI365 blog today! I love her gorgeous work. These delicious, grain-free cookies are sure to please with their coconut flake base, and plenty of flavorful additions. – Kimi
These Pumpkin Spice Cranberry No-Bake Cookies are so festive with their light orange color
dotted with red cranberries. They’re deﬁnitely a change of pace from the normal chocolate
version! There’s plenty of pumpkin added to the recipe for a full pumpkin ﬂavor, complimented
by a hint of cinnamon, and the zestiness of cranberries. They make a great dessert during the
holidays because they’re easy to make, portable, and they’ve proven to be a real crowd pleaser!
I tried out several ratios of pumpkin for this recipe, but each time I found them lacking in
pumpkin ﬂavor. Finally, I ended up putting in the entire can of pumpkin pureé!
This was great for 2 reasons:
1. Great pumpkin ﬂavor!!
2. No leftover, partial can of pumpkin, (which is a big plus in my book)!
The base for these no-bakes simmers for 15 minutes, which is longer than normal. This is really
key because the simmering evaporates the extra liquid, and concentrates the pumpkin ﬂavor.
The recipe calls for 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon, which is my preference because I like the
pumpkin ﬂavor to shine through. Be sure to taste the cookies right before portioning them, and
see if you might like to add a bit more cinnamon to taste. Also, I love using Vietnamese
cinnamon with it’s intense ﬂavor for my baking and sweets.
Many thanks to Nourishing Gourmet for letting me guest post for her today!
- 3 cups coconut, ﬁne shred
- 1 cup coconut, big ﬂake
- ½ cup dried cranberries, (I used apple juice sweetened ones)
- 1 cup honey
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 1 - 15 ounce can pumpkin pureé
- ½ Teaspoon cinnamon, (1 Teaspoon for a stronger cinnamon ﬂavor)
- 2 Teaspoons vanilla extract
- Assemble your dry ingredients by mixing the coconut and cranberries in a bowl.
- Combine the honey, coconut oil, pumpkin pureé, and cinnamon in a large saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil and simmer stirring occasionally for 15 minutes.
- Remove the pumpkin mixture from the heat. Add the vanilla and the coconut mixture, stir to combine.
- Portion the cookies onto a parchment, (or silpat) lined baking sheet and let cool. The cookies fully set up after a couple of hours. Until then, they're great eaten with a spoon!
Hi everyone! My name is Kari from GI 365 | Gourmet Innovations. I’m enjoying country living here in the Flathead
Valley, Montana. I love to create simple healthy recipes, and
occasionally a chocolatey indulgence. I’m learning to
incorporate more fresh fruits and vegetables into my everyday
diet to maintain better health and a higher energy level.
Additionally, I post about traveling and hiking adventures in the
mountains and a lifestyle section where you can find ideas for a
nontoxic approach to everyday living. I hope you find
something inspirational, and be sure to let me know what you
Latest posts by KimiHarris (see all)
- Enjoying a Gluten-free or Grain-free Holiday Season - November 18, 2015
- 3 Tips for Sharing Food with Others (Even When Life is Crazy) - November 10, 2015
- One Family’s Story of Healing with a Grain free Diet - October 5, 2015