Strong freshly brewed coffee, cocoa powder, creamy coconut milk sweetened with a rich caramel sauce, topped with whipped cream and sprinkled with sea salt.
Sigh, heaven in a cup. Never would I have thought a sweet coffee drink could taste so good. This past week I enjoyed this coffee on a few different evenings and afternoons. Yes, it is that good! Fauxccino are not the world’s best food for you, but when you make them with organic fair trade coffee and cocoa powder, coconut milk and un-refined sugars like maple syrup or the sucanat found in the salted caramel sauce, then you can feel good about the occasional splurge. (Though maybe not three days in a row…) You can know that you are using the best quality, nutrient dense and mineral rich foods possible to make your treats!
- Pour the coffee, coconut milk, ice, cocoa powder and maple syrup in a blender. Blend on high until smooth.
- Pour the coffee mixture into two 8 oz glasses. Drizzle in one tablespoon of salted caramel sauce into both glasses. Swirl in the caramel with a spoon.
- Top both glasses with whipped cream, drizzle with additional caramel sauce and sprinkle with salt.
- Add and straw to finish and you are ready to go!
Katie Stanley is a dorm “mama” to 12 amazing girls ages 8 to 18 at a home and school for the Deaf in Baja California, Mexico. She and her “hijas” can be frequently found in the kitchen, the garden or making friends with their new chickens. She loves to read, hike the hills near her home and spend time with her girls. In her spare time Katie blogs at Nourishing Simplicity about nourishing foods, herbal remedies, simple living, the Deaf, raising her girls and encouraging other women in their walk with Christ.
Latest posts by Katie Mae (see all)
- Vanilla Bean Creme Fauxccino - June 6, 2016
- White Hot Chocolate (Inspired by The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe) - March 10, 2016
- Buckwheat Pancakes (Inspired by The Long Winter) - January 25, 2016