Creamy, sweet ice cream is topped with orange juice, and kombucha flavored with vanilla, for a completely refreshing treat that is frothy, sweet, and bubbling from the kombucha. This is something to swoon over, especially if you love kombucha like I do.
Now that I have my continuous kombucha churning out kombucha on a regular basis, I have been dreaming up new ways to use it.
And this is definitely a fun way to drink it! It reminds me of my childhood favorite root beer floats, but is more refreshing, less cloying sweet, and lends itself to variations easily! I am truthfully pretty thrilled about the whole concept.
I used to love root beer floats growing up, and I think there were even some friend’s birthday parties where we skipped the cake and just had floats. They were a special treat that I adored.
I have completely lost my taste for soda though, and I am not exactly trying to introduce it to my littles. So, I was super excited to find a way to introduce them to a healthier version!
I think that kombucha floats will be very fun to make this summer on hot days. And I can’t wait to try some variations. What about strawberry kombucha over vanilla ice cream? Or using my raspberry syrup for a burst of flavor? I bet there are some really fun ways to do variations on this theme.
We found that the kombucha I was using had soured a little too much, and so was pretty strong. But when we stirred in some orange juice, it balanced everything really well, and kind of reminded me of an orange cream soda.
- Vanilla ice cream (coconut vanilla ice was what we used - check out my recipe here)
- 4 cups of kombucha
- ⅛ teaspoon vanilla extract (gluten-free, if needed)
- Orange juice
- Fill a glass with ice cream (don't pack it, and only about ⅔'s full)
- Add vanilla extract to kombucha.
- Pour around ¼ cup of orange juice, and then kombucha over float. Adjust with more orange juice, to taste, if needed
- Repeat with next glass, if serving more than one.
- Serve with a spoon.
You don’t want to miss the Ultimate Healthy Living Bundle. It’s on sale for only 6 days, is less than $30, and gives you over $1000 worth of healthy living resources. It includes eBooks, eCourses, and bonus gifts (like glass straws, lotion bars, herbal supplements, stay at home workouts, and more). One of my eBooks is one of the 73 as part of the bundle, and eCourses cover topics such as essential oils, fitness, and healthy living on a budget, making your own herbs, and a real food cleansing guide. It’s available for 6 days only, and once 30,000 bundles have been sold, that’s it! So don’t wait. Learn more (and buy it) here.
Latest posts by KimiHarris (see all)
- Grain-Free Pizza “Pockets” - September 13, 2014
- 7 Tips for Freezing Nourishing Foods - September 12, 2014
- Why Essential Oils Need to Be Used Safely (& why I’m avoiding the essential oil brand war) - September 11, 2014