Dreaming of Summer: Pineapple Cilantro Lime Juice

I recently had this juice combination at a juice bar and I fell in love with it immediately. It was so refreshing and delicious. It contains fresh pineapple, apples, cucumber, limes, and cilantro and just a hint of ginger. It is the perfect balance of flavors in a juice.

I have an Omega VRT350 Juicer , and I love it. But I think that this combination could easily work in a Vitamix or similar blender.

Pineapple is actually super good for you. This article contains a lot of good information on pineapple and it’s cancer fighting, inflammation fighting, and digestive helping properties.

So, I know that there is a lot of discussion about sugar and naturally occurring sugars in juice. I do think that pasteurized juice bought at the store is in a whole different category than fresh raw juices. Raw pineapple juice is used in some cancer fighting regiments. Raw carrot juice is used by some of the most respected natural cancer clinics. Just remember that raw juice and blended drinks made with a blender are in different categories. Both are good. They just do different things.

Anyways, this drink is best drunk by itself. Don’t serve it with a sweet muffin, as it will take away the gentle flavor of it. And use a sweet pineapple. It will be good.

Dreaming of Summer Fresh Juice (Makes about 2 1/2 cups of juice)

1 quarter of a fresh pineapple, peeled but core left on.
    2 small apple, or one large (tart apples are good)
    1 cucumber (peel if the peel is bitter)
    15 to 20 stems of cilantro
    Tiny piece of ginger
    juice of one or two limes

Juice everything but the limes. Squeeze lime into the drink. Enjoy.

KimiHarris

Comments

1. Daisy says

Oooooh, this sounds so good right now! I will have to make my grocery list accordingly. Thanks for posting this!

Yay! I JUST bought a juicer this week and am loving it so far, although I’m only making veggie drinks. I think I will have to make an exception and make this one though!

3. Heather says

Looks great. I think I would juice the limes too, so I am wondering why you wouldn’t juice them? Just preference? I have a juicing book that says how beneficial it is to juice citrus (peeling citrus, leaving the white pith) and I like using citrus that way. :)

Heather,

Definitely juice the citrus! I am not sure why I have always squeezed the limes, just a habit!

4. Beth says

Wowser, this looks amazing! I love new and unexpected flavor combinations, and this has all the hallmarks of a new favorite. Thanks for sharing such a creative concoction.

Beautiful recipe. Looks so refreshing. Gotta love the power of fresh fruit and veggie juice. Can’t wait for summer!

Hugs,
    –Amber

6. Debbie says

I imagine it might need a post on its own, but can you give a brief explanation of how juicer drinks and blender drinks differ? I’ve sometimes wondered if it’s possible to blend then strain drinks or if by blending you get something different altogether.

Hey Debbie,

I talked about this topic just a little when I first got this juicer here. . I quote from the GAPS book, which talks about the healing/cleansing properties of juice. :-) Hope that helps!

7. Tara says

I also would love to hear more (or be pointed in the right direction to read more about) the differences between juicer & blender drinks. Thank you, as always, for sharing such delicious recipes!

Hey Tara,

This was my reply to Debbie up above: Basically, since juice doesn’t contain all of the fiber it is quickly absorbed and is little work for your body to process. Fresh juices also contain the nutrients from a lot of fruit or vegetables, which is why it is often used to treat those who are ill. It helps you get a lot of nutrition. A blended smoothie has all of the fiber left in it, so is more slowly absorbed.

It is 90 degrees here in New York (in April!!) so I might just print this out and take it to the grocery store. I’d replace the cilantro with parsley since I’m one of those people who lack the cilantro gene :)
    Thanks!

9. Annette says

Not that this recipe needs any adjustments…(I just figure if I am going to go thru the trouble of cleaning my juicer I always add greens to make it worthwhile) but I made this juice this morning and added a handful of spinach…It was HANDS DOWN one of the best juices EVAH!! I love cilantro but never juiced it before and am hooked. I am quite the vitamix girl but recently have fallen back in love with the Breville. I just wanted you to know how much I love your blog. I have children with food sensitivity/allergy and appreciate you sharing your knowledge. A heart-felt thank you.

10. Shura says

This sounds absolutely wonderful, crisp and delicious. Just bought 5 pineapples, so I will be giving this a try this weekend!!!!

I just made this and we drank half – the other half is freezing because I’m pretty sure it’s going to make the most refreshing granita you can imagine.

12. Deanna says

I’m on a 30 day juice fast. It’s day 4, and I had to make this recipe. I can’t even tell you just how yummy this is. It tastes so clean, and it is refreshing. You hear that word over and over.. but THIS is it! I’m so glad I stumbled on to this one, and now The Nourishing Gourmet is bookmarked. Can’t wait to learn more.