Handmade Christmas Gift Carnival

Today, instead of our regular Pennywise Platter Thursday, we are having a Handmade Christmas Gift Carnival! Do you have a favorite Pumpkin Bread you like to give as gifts? Or do you beat Martha Stewert with creative handmade gifts? Share your gift ideas here!

This year I was looking for a simple gift that I could give to my friends as a gift of appreciation. You know how it is. If you gave something too large or elaborate, they’d feel bad if they hadn’t gotten you a gift. But if it’s small enough, it shows your appreciation and love without obliging them to return a gift.

My Idea

So, I took my Chai Roobios Concentrate recipe, and bought the spices in the bulk section of my local health food store, and ordered a large bag of rooibos and some cotton muslin bags from Mountain Rose Herbs. In each bag, I’ll place one recipe of the chai rooibos. It can be brewed by simply placing the bag in a pot of water. I’ll attach a card with instructions. So that’s a simple gift idea I had. It’s sharing something I enjoy, Chai Rooibos, with my friends and it’s small enough that I can afford to give this gift to many of my friends.

Now it’s your turn! What are your handmade gift ideas?

Comments

Thanks for hosting Kimi! I can’t wait to check back in to see everyones ideas. I’m sharing my homemade vanilla extract recipe. Next week on my blog I’m planning on posting recipes for a salt scrub, marshmellows and lotion.

I’m gonna bookmark this page, and come back many times in the next few weeks.

Each year, I like to make a big batch of vanilla salt. Making it is similar to making vanilla sugar – just stick an old vanilla pod in some salt, and give it a few weeks to take on the flavor. Vanilla salt is especially nice on seafood, and atop the new wave of popular “salty” dessert like salt caramels.

What a great carnival idea! Thanks for hosting. I love making my Elderberry & Rose Hip Syrup recipe for gifts (especially this time of year when so many people get sick). It’s super easy to make and you can make large batches of it. I also love that it’s inexpensive enough for me to make to share with friends, family and neighbors. Happy Holidays! Thanks again.

Thanks for hosting! I love this idea. I shared a pumpkin gingerbread recipe that I’ve been making for a few years to give to neighbors and teachers at my children’s school. I also included a link to the soaked version of the recipe.

I love making knitted dishcloths (made a pile of them this summer) to give as gifts. Especially nice to give with a bar of handmade soap! I can’t wait to see all the creative ideas. I love your idea, Kimi! ๐Ÿ™‚

Nice idea, Kimi! I am sharing 4 things we like to share with others:

1. Bean Fudge – even our non-whole-foodies love it.
    2. Homemade Almond Joy – I just gave some to a friend and her husband’s cousin asked, “Where did you buy this?”
    3. Almond Truffles. You can coat these with cocoa, carob, or coconut. They look pretty and are super tasty.
    4. Our “Everyone Wants the Recipe” Popcorn. Really – everyone asks us what is on this popcorn. We give this as gifts regularly in bread bags tied with ribbons. ๐Ÿ™‚

Hope your readers enjoy them!

Thanks for hosting! What a great topic this week. I have been making flora Danica cheese balls with raw milk in organic olive oil for Christmas. One of my recipients saw them on my blog and told me she hoped one jar was for her! Maybe your family and friends would like some, too.

This is a timely idea! I love getting ideas from others, as my family has been having “handmade Christmases” for a number of years now, so I’m always looking for the “next thing!”
    I’m sharing Red Beans and Rice In a Jar – it’s a fun change from cookies. I like to give it with Rosemary Focaccia In A Jar (http://www.anoregoncottage.com/2011/10/rosemary-fococcia-handmade-gift-in-jar.html) so the recipient has a fun meal (the best part? These cost pennies to make!).

I wanted to do a post on my blog for this one… but my siblings read it and I didn’t want to ruin the surprise!

Lots of good ideas here. Thanks for hosting this, even if I didn’t get to join in.

Thank you so much for hosting Kimi. Being a mother of 8, I’m always thinking of new ways to encourage new mothers, and what better way this season than giving a food basket to a new mother. And I’m sure most people know of someone who has given birth recently, or will give birth during the holiday season! Of course, it probably doesn’t have to be only for new mothers. I imagine I will also give this away to my family members who do not like to cook as well…the ideas are endless with food gifts.