With a few simple changes to my Toasted Nut Larabar Ball recipe, I have a delicious and decadent treat. While the toasted nut version is the perfect snack, this version is the perfect treat. Completely sweetened with the dates, and whirled with coconut flakes, nuts, and coconut oil, this treat is also using completely natural and good for you ingredients. A guilt free treat, that tastes anything but.
It really almost reminds me of chocolate truffles! But this version is higher in protein (with the nuts) and higher in good for you coconut oil. Just one of the many variations I am sure are possible with this method!
My family loved them. Then again, doesn’t chocolate always make a hit?
Oh, and I finally have a facebook page for this site! I am really excited about it as it will give me the opportunity to share important links with you, have discussions about important topics, and even just share what’s on my plate that day. I hope that you “like” it so that you can follow along on facebook! I would love to see you there as I believe it will give me a new place to interact and relate to my readers.
Decadent Chocolate “Larabar” Truffles–Makes about 20 truffles
- 20 dates, pitted
1 cup of coconut flakes, fine
1/4 cup of coconut oil
Heaping 3/4 cup of walnuts, pecans, or nut of choice
2 ounces of unsweetened chocolate, finely chopped
1 teaspoon vanilla
A few dashes of unrefined salt
1) In a food processor, combine the pitted dates, coconut flakes, and coconut oil. Process until the mixture is finely ground.
2) Meanwhile, toast the nuts in a pan over medium heat, stirring to prevent burning, until lightly browned and toasted. Add the to food processor and process until the nuts are in very small pieces (some even completely ground)
3) In the warm pan, add the chocolate to melt. If you need a little more heat, put on the very lowest heat on the stove, just until melted to prevent burning. Scrape into the food processor and add the salt and vanilla. Process until well mixed.
4) Scrape into a bowl and place into the refrigerator until the mixture hardens enough to hold together into balls (about 30 minutes). Roll into balls and place on a plate or in a container and then harden completely in the refrigerator. Keep cool until you serve and enjoy!
Latest posts by KimiHarris (see all)
- Golden Turmeric Sipping Broth - July 14, 2016
- 41 Refreshing and Sweet Recipes for a Healthy Summer - July 8, 2016
- The Need for Routine (If You Want to Eat Well) - June 29, 2016