Today is the last day to sign up for the ghee and coconut oil giveaway!
I love my guacamole….in many forms. But this simple recipe is how I generally make it. Fresh flavors make this not only delicious, but simple to throw together. Garlic, cilantro, lime juice, and unrefined salt are the main flavor components. If you want heat, you can add finely diced peppers, a bit of cayenne pepper or crushed red pepper flakes. What you see pictured above is crushed chipotle peppers sprinkled on top for a smoky heat.
This is a delicious snack with chips (perfect for when watching football or a movie), or dolloped on top of your favorite taco or burrito.
Nothing is set in stone in this recipe, so adjust the recipe to how you like it! You hardly need a recipe for such a simple project, but here’s my general outline.
- 2 avocados
1 juicy lime
1/4 cup of finely diced fresh cilantro
1-2 garlic cloves, peeled and put through a garlic press
For optional spice: Cayenne powder, crushed red pepper flakes, crushed chipotle flakes, or 1/4 of diced peppers (for a milder pepper use anaheim).
1) Cut the avocados in half and seed. Scoop out the flesh and place in a bowl. Smash with a fork.
2) Add the cilantro and garlic, and sprinkle with unrefined salt. Squeeze about 1-2 tablespoons of lime juice into your guacamole and add the optional pepper of choice (start small). Mix.
3) Taste test and adjust with salt, lime juice, or peppers.
Serve right away or sprinkle more lime juice over the top ( to prevent browning) and place in the refrigerator for several hours.
Latest posts by KimiHarris (see all)
- Finding a Toaster Oven Without Nonstick - May 25, 2016
- Stove Top Goat Cheddar Mac and Cheese (Gluten Free) - May 23, 2016
- 5 Things I’m Loving - May 18, 2016