Free Ebook: Healthy 4 Life from the Weston Price Foundation

Many of you know that I have been influenced in my eating choices by Dr. Price’s work, Nutrition and Physical Degeneration. This was introduced to me by the Weston A Price Foundation and Sally Fallon’s cookbook, Nourishing Traditions. So I was really excited to hear that they have put out a free ebook, full of traditional and yummy recipes as well as an outline of the basic principles they promote.

While I haven’t read all of it, I skimmed through it earlier this week and it has many lovely recipes in it. This was released partly in response to the low fat, high carbohydrate USDA guidelines. In this ebook, you will find traditional “real food” with many recipes also quite simple to prepare. I find (surprise, surprise) that traditional recipes and methods produce much yummier food.  In the photo above, you see a stew influenced by traditional food as it’s full of grass fed beef and long cooked bone broths, so good. You will find recipes similar in the ebook.

If you haven’t read through Nourishing Traditions yet, this would be a great introduction. If you have read through Nourishing Traditions and are a fan, this would be a great way to share some of those ideas with others! You can share the link to download it for free, or even buy some copies of it to share.

Download it here. Or order it here.

Comments

1. Mama Tawn says

Thank You for sharing this!! I have been wanting to buy this book. The rice casserole is the tastiest Sally Fallon rice dish so far! The curried crispy cashews are also a very delicious treat!!

Thanks for sharing this info. I’m excited to see that they have a brochure in Spanish. I’ve been wanting to share my politically incorrect nutrition info with my in laws but wasn’t looking forward to all the thought going into translating everything and making it understandable. This will be SO much easier.

3. Victoria O'Keefe says

Thank you so much for gifting us these recipes and nutritional information. I have been learning from Sally Fallon for about 5 years and know that when I do follow her recipes the food is always better. I love waffles that have been made with flour that has been soaked with Whey the night before. I am very appreciative for all that Sally has taught me.

4. Sarah says

Question – downloaded the cookbook – looking at the pickled beets – what is the liquid? My grandma made the best pickled beets – she gave me the recipe some where and I can not find it. She has passed away – so I can not ask her unfortunately. Help!

5. Julie H says

Hi Kimi,

Thanks for sharing this book. I just skimmed through it and I notice several places where it mentions soy and soy products as a food to avoid, especially for pregnant mothers. Do you know why? I live in China and soy, soy milk and tofu is very common in the diet. This is also true in Japan a country with an exceptionally high life expectancy. I personally prefer milk (probably b/c I grew up in the West) have you read of the “dangers” of soy from other sources?

Thanks for your blog! I have really enjoyed it and learned a lot from it. I have already made two batches of lard and there is lacto-fermented salsa “brewing” now!

6. Tammy says

Kimi, I was so happy to find your blog and see that you Sally Fallon fan. Nourishing Traditions is my all time favorite cookbook. Eat Fat Lose Fat, also is amazing. I love the great feeling of wellness each day as I take my cod liver oil and eat soaked grains with whole coconut milk. The kefir soaked whole grain waffles, keep for up to a week after I mix them all together and we enjoy them often. The Caesar salad dressing is my families favorite.

7. DianneValdez says

Hi Julie,

You have to get your hands on Nourishing Traditions and Wild Fermentation. Those two books are full of answers to your questions. As I understand it, our bodies are not built to process soy in it’s original form. Chickens can process soy in that form but we cannot. Once it is fermented it becomes very nutritious for us and the Chinese and Japanese people consume their soy (traditionally) in the fermented forms, hence the long life. I recommend that you get the books. They are well worth the money for years to come.

Dianne

Thank you for sharing this free information. As others have said, I appreciate the information and believe that helpful information should be free. I have Nourishing Traditions on my hold list at the Library – I’m number 58!

My mother introduced me to Native Nutrition back in the mid-90’s when I was in High School, laying the foundation for my desire to eat nutritiously.

I found this post via SimpleOrganic.net – and I must say, I’m super happy that I have!

Best,
    Holli

Hi Kimi,
    I love your blog! I recently launched my blog — realfoodforager.com. I hope you visit. I would like to offer the downloadable book from the foundation as you have. How would I do that? Did you need to get permission from them?

10. Connie says

Pls tell me if I’ve got it wrong but I though Sarah Pope mentioned that Soy beans could not be properly fermented n it was best to avoid them. Also, I have read that monounsaturated Cold pressed oils like olive oil should never b heated as they form a plastic like obj in ur blood stream which is undigestable causing circulation probs yet in the bk Eat Fat Lose Fat it mentions that monounsaturated oil ( Virginfor instance cold pressed virgin olive oil) is Stable n hence can b used in cooking..Would some kind person help me out here Thx in advance!