Pennywise Platter Thursday 8/5

It’s time to share your frugal and nourishing tips and recipes! Where do you shop for quality food at a lower price? What recipe saves a penny? How do you balance a budget with nourishing food? Share here.

If you would like to participate please take note of the following guidelines.

1)Link to this post in your blog post

2)Using the Mr. Linky, link back to your specific post, not just your blog.

Example of Format
Your Name: Kimi @ The Nourishing Gourmet (6 Tips for Eating Frugally)
Your URL: http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/6tips

3) Keep the ingredients nourishing and frugal!

Comments

Current research shows that at least 10 ounces of cranberry juice is needed daily in order for its bacteria-blocking benefits to work efficiently. We can access these benefits from a variety of products such as juice, sauce, dried, and of course fresh cranberries. Here’s my favorite grab-and-go snack I’ve invented over the years with dried cranberries, coconut, granola, and some nuts.

How much do you pay for your grass fed beef? In my article I share my personal experience with “cowpooling” which is when you buy a quarter, half or whole cow and share amongst other people. I purchased a half cow and shared it with 4 other groups of people. The TOTAL COST was less than $3 per lb. Most will find it around $4 which is also a fantastic deal.

These little balls are a Very tasty, and Very healthy treat you don’t have to pack on the pounds or guilt with…something I look for when I am pregnant! Also, full of health-boosters and make you feel great! Hope you enjoy them with your family.

Okay, I didn’t realize that I kept the URL from last week…sorry everyone who peeked already! I now am #21 above, and have the correct link!

I have a simple cashew cream that tastes fabulous and is easy to make. It tastes fabulous on a piece of toast, on a muffin, or even on some berry pie. Thanks so much for hosting – it’s so much fun to see what everyone comes up with each week.

Hi Kimi, Today’s post is part two of a book review of ‘What the Bible Says about Healthy Living Cookbook” a complement to Dr. Rex Russell’s book ‘What the Bible Says about Healthy Living’. There are a few recipes which I’ve tried and posted as well on the post. You just need to scroll down for the link, 1. Garlic Ginger Broccoli and Strawberry Salad Dressing. blessings Carmen

Kimi I’m so sorry, I mistakenly posted the wrong link this morning. I meant to post Part Two of the Book Review on the “What the Bible Says About Healthy Living Cookbook-Part Two.

I’ve just posted it. So sorry
      Carmen

I am tending meals that include everything in them. I find you need less of each ingredient, that way, especially if one used rice or pasta as one of the ingredients.

7. Max In Seattle says

I’ve been making my own bread and jam; if I could grow peanuts here, I could really say I make my own lunch! I don’t have a blog to use with Mr Linky, so I’ll just say I found my bread recipe on the flour bag and my blackberry-apple jam recipe online. Nothing is more frugal than making jam from foraged apples and berries–since the apples provide the pectin, the only ingredient I paid for was the sugar!

This is a meal I like to make that will last for a few days and it costs around 82 cents per cup. You can use any pasta or grain of your choice, my sister has gluten issues and I made this in the past using the DeBole’s brand Rice pasta (linguine – is her favorite). Play around with this recipe and let me know what you think! I can’t wait to try all the previous recipes everyone posted. Thanks Nourishing Gourmet!

Grain free, gluten free and sugar free gingerbread with a healthy cream cheese frosting, makes a perfect treat for your healthy lifestyle! Get the recipe now, so you can use it during the fall and winter months (so warming!).

I’m offering a recipe review/adaptation for crepes. I made both savory and sweet. Delicious, inexpensive, nourishing, and great way to use whatever you have on hand. :-)

Shirley

I try to buy a side of beef once a year. I make sure the butcher gives me all the bones, liver, heart and the muscle meat. They are wrapped in paper and cut into roasts, steaks, stew meat and ground. A large freezer is a must! This is the most economical way to eat good meat. Check out my website for recipes!
    Lorraine