Pennywise Platter Thursday 8/19

It’s time to share your frugal and nourishing tips and recipes! Where do you shop for quality food at a lower price? What recipe saves a penny? How do you balance a budget with nourishing food? Share here.

If you would like to participate please take note of the following guidelines.

1)Link to this post in your blog post

2)Using the Mr. Linky, link back to your specific post, not just your blog.

Example of Format
Your Name: Kimi @ The Nourishing Gourmet (6 Tips for Eating Frugally)
Your URL: http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/6tips

3) Keep the ingredients nourishing and frugal!

Comments

Red raspberries are in their prime right now. I’ve got loads sitting in our fridge and believe me, I’m not complaining! Raspberries are known for being an excellent source of vitamin C, manganese, folate, riboflavin, magnesium, niacin, potassium and copper. All this also qualifies them as a very good source vitamin B, as well as soluble dietary fiber. Here’s a refreshing, very simple recipe I’ve been indulging in these last couple of days.

Another reason real food is worth the time and money: you mood! Today I’m exploring how food impacts our moods and relationships, and sharing a little of of my personal experience.

This week’s post is a recipe on how to make a fermented ginger beer (non alcoholic). My two teens made this from beginning to end it took about 10 days for about 1 gallon. We’ve got another batch started.

I am sharing a delicious homemade cream cheese frosting — definitely frugal (not to mention probiotic) if you start with homemade cream cheese! I use less sugar, which gives a pleasant tang and saves money.

Another “beat the heat” meal from the Texas prairie where it is near 100 degrees again today. But it is cool inside where we are eating well, but NOT cooking during the day :-).

Great turnout today, and some good-looking stuff, too! :-) I linked up a light and refreshing recipe that can be made as either a slushie beverage or a frozen dessert, Lemon-Lime Coconut Basil Ice. I love it, so I hope you all will, too. ;-)

Thanks for hosting, Kimi!

Shirley