Pennywise Platter Thursday

It’s time to share your frugal and nourishing tips and recipes! Where do you shop for quality food at a lower price? What recipe saves a penny? How do you balance a budget with nourishing food? Share here.

If you would like to participate please take note of the following guidelines.

1)Link to this post in your blog post

2)Using the Mr. Linky, link back to your specific post, not just your blog.

Example of Format
Your Name: Kimi @ The Nourishing Gourmet (6 Tips for Eating Frugally)
Your URL:

3) Keep the ingredients nourishing and frugal!

Hi Kimi,
    I’m so thankful that all is going well with your pregnancy! My post today has 4 tips on finding the tastiest and most nutritious produce for your family, and even better, when you buy local, you can get great deals on the good stuff, too. 🙂

Thanks for hosting Kimi…at nearly 6 months pregnant I enjoyed this past weeks article very much! My recipes today are a dairy and dairy free version of ranch dressing. We use the dairy version as a staple around here! Also, I have in the post a recipe for making your own mayonnaise as well! Hope you all enjoy!

Hello, Kimi and everyone! Looks like some good posts to read today. I am sharing how I made homemade bourbon vanilla extract a few months ago. Thanks for hosting, Kimi. I haven’t had anything pennywise to add for a few weeks; I’m glad to be back.

Did you know amino acids can help banish cravings, improve sleep and boost energy? For anyone having trouble making the switch to real food because they just can’t let go of processed foods, these aminos can be lifesavers. Come check out which four are recommended by amino acid therapy expert, Julia Ross!

Hi , Finishing off the book review for What the Bible Says about Healthy Living Cookbook. Will post the GIVEAWAY soon.

Thank you for posting Kimi!
    blessings ~ Carmen

I apologize. I put Meal in a Muffin in and I have linked it here before. Feel free to remove it. I have added a newer recipe.

Definitely not perfect me…..

Making homemade bread is one way I save our family money. It is significantly cheaper to make bread than buy it at the grocery store and it is much healthier. I have tried many recipes and none have turned out like this recipe.